Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Just redid the Motor detection. While testing it in the RT tab i once had a negative duty cycle after letting go of the throttle.

@Trampa @Deodand

1 Like

Yah personally do this anyways cause otherwise I forget about it next time I flash and lose settings or swap out vesc if something blows and another thing the software needs to get right everywhere (using absolute values or negating things accordingly).

Going back to the topic of my motor/motors getting stuck/whatever knocking.

Here are 2 videos with the sound clearly audible.

On the first video you can skip to 3/4

flashed latest fw.

well thanks for that.

Newest vesc tool didn’t update both vescs

1 Like

@xsynatic the videos are private

whoops. Should be fixed. Give it a sec.

1 Like

Bahaha, problem was I was using Unity Vesc Tool :man_facepalming: it’s all fixed now though

What firmware version is this?

The videos are on 3.62

Are all your numbers signed correctly, like braking currents are negative, regular currents are positive, erpm are positive, reverse erpm are negative, et cetera?

it’s exactly as i used it on Ack 3.103 as far as i can tell.

I flashed the new FW - did the motor detection - dialed in my pwm values and applied my metr mode for voltage cutoff, motor/battery amps etc. Exactly as i did for the last 1 1/2 years basically.

edit: fucking hell is the latest tool / fw 5.01 buggy as hell. No way i’m going to use that.

1 Like

Wouldn’t these be nice for 4.12 VESCs?

As part of your quest for knowledge you should be trying to learn as much as possible. Every thread on this site is a treasure trove of info and you never know what you’ll find out there :slight_smile:

1 Like

More like every thread is a treasure hunt than a treasure trove.

I applaud @Mainflow’s effort to to distill all the good from wild and crazy threads into the treasure troves we desire.

you can see the right thing happen when a question in N00b questions thread is answered with a link to a topic specific thread that clearly answers it. ( in the way many of @b264’s are done. )

I dream that one day we can get all questions to that point.

4 Likes

I am reading everything and bookmarking everything :smiley_cat: … just a lot of info scattered everywhere.

2 Likes

I agree that the condensed threads are great and are an indispensable source of information, especially for newbies and those that simply don’t have the time. People also forget the search bar exists and can come in handy all the time. Sometimes its hard to keep everyone on topic, myself being very bad at it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I have a bag of what-I-think-those-are (the link is broken) if you want some.

I wouldn’t use them though because the edges are sharp and I don’t trust them in high-vibration environments.

1 Like

tried 5.01 and now 3.55 both didn’t have the issue so far…so i assume it’s 3.62s fault? Wasn’t it supposed to be the last stable release?

@Niklas my solution + fresh air

3 Likes

Anyone have an idea how a split angle tkp set up would feel? I’ve experimented with 45/35 rkp so I have an idea of how it would change but not sure about traditional kingpin.

Don’t the Flexls have something like a 45/35 split?

1 Like

Are there advantages/disadvantages to motor shaft size? 8mm vs10mm?

I have a flipsky 4.20 dual that I’m using the newest VESC software on. Is there a way I can program it so that if my remote disconnects my board will free roll instead of brake?