Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Is it possible, in theory, to have an arduino communicate over canbus and modify settings? (Assuming uart ports have better things to do).
And while doing this, is it possible to connect momentary buttons that short specific pins, adruino reads this and sends specific settings to the esc?
Let’s say the teeny tiniest buttons for:
-killswitch (sets input to none),
-“make my board legal” (limits speed/power),
-hfi on/off,
-battery cutoff to 0 (almost home, walk of shame removal),
or other interesting things you guys can come up with.

My thought is to use completely hidden buttons under unused parts of the griptape, drilled inside the deck. Combine wires with other components like a davega to not raise suspicions to someone opening the enclosure

1 Like

Any chance someone with a VX2 is able to help with getting his telemetry working?

1 Like

Is your setting on VX2 set to VESC or FOCBOX?

focbox

1 Like

Change to vesc. focbox setting is specific to the Unity only.

6 Likes

no u fukin just didint
it worked baby !!!
man i fukin love you guys
its all good now, everything to think if i just gave up id return it
sendin some love to the esk8 community xD

5 Likes

BRUH that’s crazy, I even skimmed through th description on the website and missed that hahahahah

1 Like

The love is sent by smashing that donate button in the top bar. The site costs real money to host and there are no advertisements or hidden agendas to pay for it. Just people helping people.

3 Likes

I’m still looking for someone who replaces DRV chips on vesc in Germany or nearby ^^

1 Like

I think @seaborder is your man.

6 Likes

@xsynatic pinned him yesterday, he seems to be not that active at the moment :frowning:
But thanks!!

2 Likes

did you pm him?

1 Like

Nope, will now

1 Like

Is it normal that on minimum throttle I still get full speed on test bench / no load?
Will this be the same when riding?
I thought half throttle is half top speed, but for now the throttle is very sensitive:

Any way of decreasing the decks resonance?..
Pay attention to the “after vibration”
Also: Is FOC this loud? Not that I don’t like it… :slight_smile:

Could be the screws from my local hardware store, to small in diameter and not perfectly tightened… Right? The thing is, someone sold me 7 lens head longboard screws :’)

Yes

No

On bench yes
On street No

3 Likes

What’s the standard resistances of the MOSFETS of a 4.12 VESC?

@Gamer43 can help

3 Likes

If you do this, it helps

it’s not necessarily what the numbers are, but rather how they relate to one another. Put the numbers in here

2 Likes