Flipsky FSESC 4.12 dead DRV | Germany

I received two VESCs from China, one works like a charm, the other seems to have a defect on the DRV chip. As far as I know you can replace the chip with a heat gun / hot air soldering. I had some bullet connectors on the output wires, but these were separated again. I made cutouts in the heat shrink for the USB and Hall Sensors.
Hall sensor cable and Mini USB cable included!

Images will follow when I’m home again :slight_smile:

Price:
I know I have to include a price, I really don’t know how much work it is to replace the DRV chip, according to tutorials it seems to be pretty straight forward and quick, if you have a soldering hot air gun. A new one is like 60-70€ atm from FlipSky, but there’s one for 60€ from maytech that should be at least as good.

So my asking price is 40€, this should turn out cheaper than a new one, also you’ll get it faster :slight_smile:
Especially if you live in Germany. I would also accept repair services for the DRV issue!

A DRV8302 might cost around 6€ + shipping, so 40€ is a lot for a dead HW4.12, but some local EU folks might want it.

@seaborder @MartinSp @Mich21050

Remember there could be more wrong with it than a single chip. Posting high-res photos of both sides of the circuit board can drastically help as well.

1 Like

Well New it’s 60€ to 70€ now. But yeah you’re absolutely right, shipping to America would make a horrible deal :slight_smile:
Of course this price is negotiable if one lists arguments. Can add more pictures on request :slight_smile: I personally can’t find any burn marks :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I can try to repair it for you. Got some DRV8302 on the way from china. If the repair fails just get a Cheap FOCer 2 for 30$

3 Likes

It seems like sometimes a broken DRV destroys MOSFETS too. In the debug terminal, there was only a DRV_ERROR but I can’t promise that all MOSFETS are working. The FOC noise making test worked, but you can’t read things like R and L from the motors…

measure the six resistances:

Phase A to BAT-
Phase B to BAT-
Phase C to BAT-
Phase A to BAT+
Phase B to BAT+
Phase C to BAT+

with the ESC disconnected from power and disconnected from motor

1 Like

For each of the 6 MOSFETs?
I’ll cut the heat shrink and start to measure resistances :slight_smile:

Uhm… Resistance rises after time in slow increments ^^ wtf?

On this side, all MOSFETS have:
Pin / + or - / Resistance
1+ 5,2 MOhm
2+ 60 kOhm
3+ 60 kOhm
4+ 0 Ohm
5+ 60 kOhm
6+ 60 kOhm
7+ 60 kOhm

1- 4,8 MOhm
2- 37 kOhm
3- 37 kOhm
4- fluctuates
5- 37 kOhm
6- 37 kOhm
7- 37kOhm

On this side, all MOSFETS have:
Pin / + or - / Resistance
1- 0 Ohm
2- 0 Ohm
3- 0 Ohm
4- 37 kOhm
5- 0 kOhm
6- 0 kOhm
7- 39 kOhm

BAT+ values jumped around… Increased or decreased constantly…