Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Under no load, like if the board is upside down, then sensored and sensorless will be the same.

Allright, then I can eliminate the sensors from the equation. So I think the problem is either the unity or the remote receiver. Iā€™m guessing the former, as this happens when not in neutral. Is there any way to check this?

Get a different remote and try it?

1 Like

I would, if I had oneā€¦

Check the realtime data the remote is sending to the ESC, maybe? Iā€™ve only used PWM (ā€œPPMā€) remotes, so I donā€™t know if that works for UART remotes.

Also filling out your profile helps a lot, see the first post :wink:

Remove the pu sleeve and make sure the motor is sealed. Then just sprinkle a small amount of iron filings on the motor can and it will reveal the magnets easily. They can then be wiped up with a paper towel easily

1 Like

Donā€™t get any iron powder inside the motor though

I would wrap it in a plastic grocery bag first that way they can be removed much easier

1 Like

Thats a good idea. I just use masking tape to seal stuff off and then peel it away

could this work to mount my under tray enclosure on my trampa?

What size are you using?

For my enclosure? The screws I chose are m4

Then it will work perfectly

1 Like

I feel like those are really high inductance and resistance measurementsā€¦ I know every system is different but here are mine for example:

The first unity I had gave me mismatched flux linkage measurements and it caused a weird stuttering for me. Jeff said it was a badly soldered resistor and had me send it to Bara. All fixed with no issue now.

Any other vesc users want to chime in on their motor measurements?

SHOW ME YOUR OHMS AND HENRYS!

1 Like

I havenā€™t mounted that thing, but in general the regular tall hex cap are better because the hex is bigger and wonā€™t strip as easily.

There is a thread specifically for this on the VESC forum (so the motors can be added to the database which helps everyone) but I canā€™t find it and the VESC forum SUCKS. Yeah, Iā€™m gonna say it. Please use discourseā€¦

@Trampa do you have a link to that thread?

Or maybe someone just make a thread here and they can copy the information over :smirk:

1 Like

Are there any good reliable all terrain hub motors for sale anywhere? wowgo used to sell a AT hub motor upgrade kit but they donā€™t have it anymore. Something like that would be perfect for me.

The best hub motors are the Hummie hubs but they are California polyurethane.

Why not use a belt drive?

Im a real newby im trying to come up with a blueprint for a cheap and sleek, AT board. im looking to spend around 650 for everything.

This is the closest thing, but itā€™s not really AT and no one I know has tried them.

At that budget plus a hair more, you could also get something like this:

2 Likes