Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Yesā€¦ That would blow it up, either take a <200mA power supply or replace the SMD Resistor RPROG with a ~5kOhm one for about 250mA charging

3 Likes

could also make it a usbc port if you like

7 Likes

not a n00b questionā€¦ but a question nonethelessā€¦ anyone know the smallest BLDC motor that VESC can operate?

Specifically a 2306 2300Kv ??? eRPM problems at 10s?

96600 RPM is more of an issue unless you have a 600 tooth wheel pulley.

1 Like

Brian you gave me a stupid idea. A little wind turbine that plugs into the microUSB port that charges the remote when youā€™re movingā€¦

3 Likes

Just put the turbine on the board and charge the board with it. That way you have infinite range :+1:

/s
science says that cannot work

4 Likes

yeah I hear yaā€¦ can a VESC operate at 4s?
That would be the easiest solution to the eRPM issue

2 Likes

51dO0J71HsL.AC_SX569

Just reverse and bypass whatever penny circuitry is in there to protect reverse current (if there even is one)

Plus you get bonus cool guy points. Perhaps you could wire it to the top of your helmet for maximum style.

8 Likes

You know what. Iā€™m bored enough to try that. If that prop doesnā€™t work I can probably design and print a 360 non directional turbine for itā€¦ Tiny little 5v boost converter and voila the dumbest remote accessory

4 Likes

I have seen ebike lights with built in wind turbine on AliExpress.
#Aliexpress AU $7.39 5%OFF | LED Lights work driving lamp Wind Powered 2pcs for kia sportage rio 3 4 sorento ceed cerato soul Automobiles&Motorcycles

3 Likes

Iā€™m confused the link seems right but I donā€™t see an oil slick option. Has @Venom121212 finally cracked?

1 Like

It can I do all my initial vesc setups and testing with my spot welder PSU same voltage and current ast a 4s lipo

1 Like

Desolder that big usb header and it could be cleaned up maybe.

3 Likes

When you think you have an original idea but they already mass producing it in chinaā€¦

4 Likes

arenā€™t vesc based escā€™s yuuge compared to like a x-rotor type esc? i assume thatā€™s what youā€™re tryna do, power a multirotor

iā€™ve setup and uploaded firmware to a tb4.12 hooked up to an alkaline 9v cell, for what itā€™s worth

1 Like

NOPEā€¦

Iā€™m doing sumpinā€™ "for science" donā€™t waana brick a +$100 motorā€¦ so I figgure Iā€™ll see if I can test and log a $10 quad motorā€¦

also donā€™t waana brick a FocBox so Iā€™m keeping my fingers crossedā€¦

in some respects qwad ESC software is way more superior to VESC, but for logging and testing I need something I can manipulate and logā€¦

but thanks for paying attention

quad motor :heavy_check_mark:
FocBox :heavy_check_mark:
4s battery :heavy_check_mark:

hold my beer Iā€™m going inā€¦
:beer: :beer: :beer:

4 Likes

i consider it a real honor to hold @kookā€™s beer

i have my fingers crossed that you can get the commutation of all four motors synchronized on one focbox

1 Like

Only 1 at a time ā€œfor scienceā€ all 4 on 1 motor controller would make a variable speed fanā€¦

:joy: :joy: :joy:

EDIT:
4s works! I perved around a little and in the battery section the options go down to 1sā€¦ just leaving breadcrumbsā€¦ VESC lower operating voltages go down to 1s

1 Like

Anyone here knows where to get a dirt cheap female servo cable?

1 Like