Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

It definitely is. temps get up above 80c quick. on two different prototipos. Itā€™s my weight (220lbs) and the hills I want to climb.

yeah too late, though. I have both unity and escape already. I was buying well ahead of my pace of building.

The prototipo iā€™m building is customized from @Sender so Iā€™m very unlikely to sell it.

Bummer, still surprised youā€™re getting those temps even pulling 35A constantly. Thatā€™s almost flipshit territory.

Yeah, I guess I mean I wouldnā€™t be buying my first unity, there are reason for having a tit for tat backup.

You might want to look into a heat sink since youā€™ll be pulling high amps for longer than most and youā€™ve got the ESCs already. A face mounted hs through the enclosure takes up barely any space.

have a picture of what you mean by this? a big rectangular cutout in the enclosure facing the ground? iā€™ve been hesitant to consider this direction. a) for the big hole. b) for no extra protection from the ground.

it also had me wondering if anyoneā€™s come up with heat sink solution that sticks off to the sides.

Thanks this put things in perspective for me better as well.

12s3.7v90a = 3996w
10s3.7v70a = 2590w

and looking at that from the other direction 3996w/2590w = 1.542857 itā€™s 54% more power.

1 Like

1 Like

You got it. Iā€™ve seen a few around, but I know 3D and janux makes them

The heat sink becomes a permanent, waterproofed part of the enclosure. Added benefit of providing a nice mount for the esc.

1 Like

It shows up for me as audio only also.

Itā€™s an apple thing where they make it a proprietary format.

If you donā€™t pay for the expensive fashion accessories then FUCK YOU!!!
-apple

1 Like

itā€™s audio only for me on apple products

1 Like

Why do most people use TB, APS, or Maytech motors instead of say, Flipsky? On paper, Flipsky 6374 motors have 8Nm of torque while TB motors only have 3.57Nm. Plus, thereā€™s a price difference of 30%! Is it purely reliability? I havenā€™t heard many complaints about Flipsky motors.

On paper, flipsky is great until you saved 50% building your skate, but it breaks every 25km.

So in the end you spend 200% and quadruple the time

5 Likes

Iā€™ve had no problem with flipsky motors other than that the specs are over-rated. If you run them at what they suggest you will have smoky motors. Other than that theyā€™re okay apart from average QC. Their remotes have been solid too. 4 so far and none have issues. Itā€™s their ESC I hear the most complaints about tbh.

1 Like

Anyone know how to open that little tool bar on the right hand side of the vesc tool? I usually go with ack but decided to do 4.2 hfi on one of my boards

1 Like

Does anyone have this charger or know if itā€™s good or not? LithiumCore 5A Fast Charger https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PQBX1YP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_fW4KEb3NFRVKD

Are you sure your board/battery will charge at 5Amps?

fiddy bux for a 10s charger is kinda spendy, but if ya gotta have it and your charge port will take whatever plug it has, and your battery will take 5ampsā€¦

do it for science

Iā€™ve got a 10ah lipo setup with a recommended charge rate of 1c so this charger would only be 0.5c. Thatā€™s ok right?

honestly I donā€™t know much about your board or your configuration to pass an intelligent opinionā€¦

Does your board have a BMS?
Is it easy to get to your lipo to charge?
How are your lipos configured?

If so there are much better options to charge a LIPO

It has a smart BMS connected to the lipos, there are four 5s 5000mah packs wired two in series and two in parallel to make a 10s 10ah pack. Right now I am just using a 42v 2a charger and itā€™s quite slow because I donā€™t believe itā€™s really 2a output.

This is perfectly fine, no idea if the charger is any good.

1 Like

Can I remove the momentary switch from fsesc 6.6?
(will replace with loop key)
Can I just unplug it? Or do I need to short the wires so that it is permanently on?

2 Likes

@Gamer43 seems to have the solution to this.

Anyone got experience with a simpler way?

2 Likes