Flipsky dual 4.20 plus, jump switch?

I understand, thank you. Would for example having the fatboy anti spark and no switch used in the flipsky work as well as having a bms with an e-switch?

1 Like

In theory yes, but I have no experience with that specific AS switch. If you want to keep it simple use roll to start and an AS loop key.

Also, keep in mind…

You cannot get rid of the AS switch on the FlipSky dual 420 plus, you can NOT use the physical switch but the AS remains.

2 Likes

Thank you, all my questions have been sorted out :smiley: I think the fatboy anitspark is less prone to failure because it is precharging, which the flipsky switch does not.

May I ask how long you have been using the flipsky plus with the switch? Have you had any problems with it?

1 Like

Around 8 months I think? I haven’t had any issues but I use a panel mount to hold the switch and the mount is noted into the enclosure, the switch is completely encased in hot glue inside the enclosure.

1 Like

You can manually bypass it like so.

MOSFET drain source is shorted with a wire, S and + are shorted while - is left disconnected.

From what Ive heard, Flipsky is working on a smart antispark with roll-to-start and auto-turn-off that employs proper highside switching and inrush current limiting.

1 Like

So the current antispark switch on their FSESCs (HW4 and HW6) is useless and should be bypassed?

@Gamer43 Do you know it this was implemented in the most recent version of the 4.20 plus?

Unfortunately no, they are still doing tests, right now they are trying to figure out at what current it explodes.

1 Like

In your opinion can the current switch on the 4.20 plus be relied upon? (Will it last or is it destined to fail?)

No.

10 char.

1 Like

I know it’s now getting off topic but have you taken a look at the maker-x anti spark?

I have not, but I think @mmaner has.

1 Like

One was sent to me by maker-x for for testing but it got lost in transit. I’m looking for a small anti-spark that won’t fail and so far all the ones I’ve tried have😥

On a side note I went on a ride with my friend that you sent one of your prototype Anti Sparks to and did some heavy off roading and it dident even get a tad bit warm! Very impressive!

1 Like

:). If anyone needs a quick and easy DiY, they know where to look :).

It is still lowside though and if the latching switch is bad, fires are X_X.

1 Like

Mined explaining?

Basically, if the switch manages to briefly unlatch itself and is a make before break switch, some kind of shootthrough will happen in the power stage.

Wait, my antispark is different, it might not actually have this problem.

2 Likes

For the 4.20 plus it’s the same as the 6.6.
I asked flipsky and they agreed.
Bridge the + and K at the switch port and use a loop key or separate anti spark, just remember to not plug in with power on.

I used a jumper from an old ide hard drive on the switch pins… Works perfect.

I use their smart AS with roll to start and it’s been working fine daily for over 6 months without any issues.
Actually they are a pretty reliable vesc for the price, I have 4 running 12s packs in various boards and not one has given me any grief yet.

I wonder who designed it :thinking:.

3 Likes

Thank you. It’s bloody great!

1 Like