Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

@mackann has a serious contender here

1 Like

This is still a work in progress tho right? Any footage of record breaking speeds? Can’t find anything other than that 58mph video which can’t be accurate anymore

1 Like

Don’t be. It will move you just fine.

At that price point, would be my choice as well. But for not too much more, the Exway Flex awaits.

3 Likes

Misha Urban. 59.55 mph. Moe Stooge could take it officially given proper venue and support.

4 Likes

NGV has the official.

We did a test day. Single time this board was ever ridden. Video and Radar is the gold standard.

Mario Chacon recently had 57mph on his GPS at an uphill race from last month on my personal sled. 70mph is realistically in our wheelhouse with no major changes. Why not push further? Waiting for someone else to take a swing at it.

8 Likes

what is the fastest someone has fallen off at

If you had watched the videos above you’d of answered your own question.

6 Likes

Is anyone here knowledgeable / willing to help with uploading Ackmaniac FW onto a VESC 6?

Ive downloaded the most recent tool, and the correct fw for my hardware ( hw: ‘60’ and fw: ‘3.103’). Every time I try to flash the vescs it cant complete the action, and gives me one of two error messages:

1. image

2. The second message says something about an IO port exception so it has to abort the process :confused: The message is there for a much shorter amount of time so its difficult to catch via screencap

Im not exactly proficient in this, but I havnt had issues like this in the past. These are second hand VESCs though… that might be the problem. :thinking:

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure ackmaniacs is two shunt hardware only, ie v4.** and not V6.**

1 Like

I thought the same thing until @pookybear and others have said theyre using it without a hitch :man_shrugging:

Im just gonna go 3.65 and not change it again unless it yeets me off

1 Like

I think 3.62 is a better contender for not yeeting you off, unless you need the restructured UART protocols.

2 Likes

Same error when trying to use regular fw >:(

pretty sure its the vescs fault. damnit.

How do you feel about fw 3.24? Its on both vescs currently.

1 Like

Yup. Our precompiled vesc archive–1.25.

2 Likes

Anything below 3.65 is generally considered okay you just lose some optimizations for setting up you VESCs like automatic CAN UID and other shit like that.

Sounds like a corrupted bootloader to me, if you have another VESC on later FW you can try a SWD Prog to reflash.

1 Like

Nope, these are the only two ive got :confused:

Ill make it work sooner or later -_-

“IO exception … was aborted because a thread or application request” is what it says >:(

1 Like

I feel that, don’t fix it if it ain’t broke.

1 Like

I can only find 0.83 VESC TOOL which supports 3.30, but i cant find a version that supports 3.24 :thinking:

Anyone have a download?

1 Like

Io error is normal after you update the fw. Reason is that the esc automatically restarts hence the disconnection error

1 Like

Try that. Oldest one I could find, so maybe it’s in there.

2 Likes

It might be normal but it still shows the old FW.

I think I found the issue. Some old VESC 6 units suffered from a typo in the software that prevents the bootloader from doing it’s thing. The solution is to either swd program (I don’t have one of those so fuck that ), or to simply use vesc tool 0.76 (has support for 3.24 ).

Frank doesnt have the 0.76 tool anymore and wasn’t able to give it to me.

I’ve sent a few people who might have the old tool a PM, but it looks like I’ll have to talk to Benjamin directly to get what I want.

Sucks. Alot. But at least it’s not a dead end.

Thank you @BillGordon for taking a look :pray:

I’m out right now but I’ll see if that is somehow compatible. The closest version I tried was .83 which supported 3.30

1 Like