Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Yeah but double check with someone else that’s gunna do the job.

1 Like

K thanks anyone know if that should work @MysticalDork

Yeah, looks familiar
it only says that “wheels are equipped with a nine-inch tubular tire with a diamond tyre tread and a solid five-spoked rim.”

@MBS will be great if you reply

1 Like

If I order and try it out what is the worst that can happen

I’d see if you can get just the deck for a deal. I love the shape and you don’t see many around anymore.

The hubs are a gamble on if the bolt spacing lines up with commonly sold pulleys.

1 Like

Unfortunately the idler bearings are not the problem with that sound. Those are the same ones @DerelictRobot had a few sets of. They would start screaming like crazy. But they ran forever like that. I think is was a QC problem or something.

2 Likes

You cant polish a turd, and 1P battery wont last or perform. But keep the hubs they rock.

@MysticalDork @MauveMaverick

The guy said that it could stand pressure of up to 257bar

Is that enough

That number means nothing to me

Well i think the next 2 belts are close to ripping. If i pull on them i can hear strands ripping.

That makes 5 belts in 1 week

3 Likes

yeah…ill keep them around to practice battle hardening techniques/science.

2 Likes

Those sound effects are an undocumented feature of those maytech 6374.

Line a ringing whine at a certain RPM range?

3 Likes

how do I lube motor bearings? sealed maytech 6374

1 Like

“aint nobody got time for Maytech”. :grin: gonna give these a go…

6 Likes

Not sure what VESC setting I went and jacked up but when I give the board a bit of throttle it kinda rocks back and forth.

Once you give it more throttle it goes away and everything is fine. Not sure how to get rid of the initial weird rock when starting up. Any ideas?

Vid for reference.

Does anyone know the screw sizes on the TB motormounts? Like the small one for pully cover?

omg this is what i exacly have on my 6374 motors, please pm me if u figured out what cause that :smiley:

1 Like

also, try this

1 Like

hey focbox freaks how do I determine what version this is? if I blow the canbus chip, can I replace it with a more robust one? do I need to learn how to use focbox-tool focbox ui or whatever those apps are (where do I get them from?) or can I use the current vesc-tool?

Just take the 3 screws off and the lid and you will see a version written down in the middle

2 Likes

Okay, a couple things.

I have no idea, because that heavily depends on where you live, the mood of the machinist, and the phase of the moon. I’d guess under $50, but that is just a guess.

I do not, and I don’t have enough information to produce one.

That’s because that number means nothing in this application. That is pressure rated tube, not dimensional stock. There’s no guarantee that the ID will fit the truck, or that the OD will fit the bearing. No dimensional tolerances are given.

2 Likes