Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Is that the pdx date or new york again?

Jesus. I think you need “actually Karamq” next to your name :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

oh god. Next i’ll start dibbing things. take me out of my misery. please.

5 Likes

where do I get an enclosure that fits a tayto?

1 Like

Contact @BigBen

2 Likes

or maybe beg BuildKitBoard for one… he doesn’t offer them as an accessory on his site, but maybe if you ask nicely…

@BuildKitBoards

1 Like

any idea what’s causing this noise. I have only had the motor for a week or two and it started as a whistle but is now really loud when I’m on the board. It only happens at certian rpms. I have tried reprogramming the vesc with sensor and non senor, ackmaniac an standard tools as well as foc and bdlc. I opend it up as far as I could and couldn’t see anything wrong but I could’nt get it all the way open.
1 Like

have you pulled the belt off and and run the motor?

THAT BELT!

1 Like

circlip getting caught and grinding ?

2 Likes

Well, I can’t say for sure if it’s causing the issue or not, but I see one symptom of vibration right away in that picture. See the black spots on the stator? And the shiny spots on the magnets? The magnets are touching the stator, and that is a Bad Thing.

3 Likes

@kook how were you able to see the post i already deleted?

It was a “feature” for everyone…

Why “was”? It was 13 hours ago.

1 Like

I could also see deleted stuff, but not anymore.

1 Like

If I unplug my motor wires from my Vesc. And I power it on and use it like usual. Is that harmful in any way?

What is happening? Bearing stuffed? I’ve checked my motor mounting bolts, all down tight. It’s a Turnigy SK3 6374 192kV.

​​​​​​​​​​​​​

3 Likes

Ah oké guess I’ll isolate the wires good enough and I’ll be good.

I’d remove the motor from the gearbox case to pinpoint what is wrong.

1 Like

@b264 i think i figured out what caused the squeaking belts… i think the motor pulleys did it. I recently bought new pulleys and within the last 80km, they weren’t squeaking once.

Although i need new motor pulleys again because the ones i bought killed 3 belts within 3 days.

Edit : “belts are better” my ass :laughing:

4 Likes