Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Iā€™ve been told no by somebody smart but have never personally triedā€¦

1 Like

Yeah I get that the kingpin determines turn angle more or less but is there a limit? Or pretty much anything between 0-90 is possible with the right wedge? That should mean crappy trucks can perform okay with the right angles and bushings then?

Does the following statement make sense:

Good truck geometry and quality will allow for more degree of turn at a specific kingpin angle compared to poorly designed trucks?

noā€¦ that means more angle more turny, carveyā€¦ crappy will always remain crappyā€¦ bushings will buffer the crapynessā€¦

2 Likes

The closer to 90 degrees you get, the smaller your mechanical advantage gets - It takes more force from you to get the trucks to turn X degrees. Eventually at 90 degrees, it takes an infinite amount of force to turn any at all.

4 Likes

Need to get better at toe-side turns on channel trucks, especially the slower ones. Carving is easy, turning toe-side at low speed around e.g. footpaths isnā€™t. Any tips? Obviously ankle-day wonā€™t do shit as itā€™s channel trucks.

1 Like

Whenā€™s the next time you are in the US @klaus79856? I might need your service again if thatā€™s ok for you.

Papa needs some new belts.

Get comfortable with the Michael Jackson lean or loosen/wedge the front.

Itā€™s awkward but you need speed and lean to turn unless you keep really loose bushings. Iā€™ll admit, Iā€™m loose :wink:

Ankle day will definitely help. So will whole body day.

Metr app gives quite a bit of control over Bluetooth from an Android but requires their module to pair with it. Completely worth it in my opinion but not super cheap either so something to consider (great for the logging/diagnostic in the field with realtime data ability to easily switch modes and more advanced screens for other settings, also TCP bridge for wireless connection from a computer). For a more recent slightly more expensive build I got one of the GPS trackers from BKB as well, canā€™t control things with that but at least get voltage info and location over cell data/txts, and not too hard to setup.

1 Like

Anyone have the pinout for the maytech motor sensors? I tried following this one here

and it seems that it may have changed ( or i missed something obvious :stuck_out_tongue: ), because I just killed one of my escapes :frowning:
Current pinout for context

2 Likes

Dunno this might help though was using a torqueboards motor also wasnā€™t sure about the wiring so probed around in diode checking and ohm checking mode with the multimeter.

Edit - haha just realized photos show sk3 making me a liar, but think I did this on TB motor too was just too lazy to open enclosure to try it on that one again for photos.
Hall sensor order shouldnā€™t matter I think only reverse polarity would cause it to fry but maybe swapping other pins too.

2 Likes

NOOOO!!!

7 Likes

TBH with all the crashes I had between September and now before replacing the RC ESCs plus the gearbox maintenance, I havenā€™t had much ride time. Trying to get a daily ride in, even on weekends, and I think Iā€™ll do some parking lot practice too.

1 Like

With the weather warming up here Iā€™ve definitely felt more sore riding more often. Iā€™m currently fuming because itā€™s 67Ā° here and Iā€™m going to see the fucking sonic movie.

2 Likes

i know :frowning: my luck is just, something else. Hopefully itā€™s not too bad

1 Like

I see you share my sentiment for IPA. Give me a dark ale any day. IPA is piss.

2 Likes

What happened to your escape?

Only thing I know is that the pins on the escape are reversed from what they are on the VESC.

1 Like

10 char :slightly_smiling_face:

not my day lol

2 Likes

I tried. Good luck with that.

Looks like I fly the 28th March to US and back in April.

2 Likes