Morpheus | Backpack MTB | Refined Commuter

Thanks @Andy87

4 Likes

Yeah, and I’ve pinged @Deodand about getting it into the Unity FW several times, to which he responded it’ll be in the next FW release. Here’s hoping! :crossed_fingers:t2:

3 Likes

Was riding around with it yesterday, just needs a bit more testing. The single focbox is already supported through vesc tool FYI, but unity support coming soon.

10 Likes

Super awesome! You rule!:prince:

4 Likes

So today I opened up the gearboxes again and gave them just a little more backlash, as they were quite noisy, and now they’re seemingly perfect (after another ride to confirm).

Apparently afterward on my test ride I was fanging it a bit more, as the other day I got 17Wh/km and today I got 22Wh/km.

2 Likes

What is happening? Bearing stuffed? I’ve checked my motor mounting bolts, all down tight. It’s a Turnigy SK3 6374 192kV.

the video does not play :slightly_smiling_face: :wink:
well actually it does but only for half a second and i hear ‘‘woah’’ in a very strong aussie accent :laughing:

2 Likes

We could try it together in April. I bring my laptop.:+1:

1 Like

Already got it working actually. But I dont like the noise, it beeps quite loud. for startup its not really a problem, but when I hit the brakes it always beeps aswell, really annoying tbh. Especially because im used to silent sensored FOC haha

1 Like

You’re a train. :smile:
HFI = High Frequency Injection

2 Likes

Yeah… Id rather not be though xD

1 Like

You gonna get used to it.

Sorry for the derail. @malJohann
1 Like

Bere I was expecting some help when I saw my notification saying 6 replies and an @ mention in my thread. Meh!

5 Likes

:rofl:
If you can make the video work we might have a better idea :smile:

3 Likes

It works for half a second! The can is loose while it’s solidly mounted, so the pinion gear wiggles back and forth. Not ideal for gears that need to mesh. :gear::gear:

2 Likes

Maybe @Dareno knows whats up, he knows his hobbyking motors as I understood.

1 Like

Found whats wrong with the motor yet?

1 Like

Yeah. One of the bolts securing the can sheared. Now I just need to source a replacement and figure out how to disassemble the motor, back out the bolt shaft, and replace it with Loctite.

2 Likes

Damn that sucks, especially because you got the gearmesh set to the right distance already…

2 Likes

Was so stoked to run it for a total of… two frikken days. This of course means I also get to disassemble the other side as well, so I can check those bolts and Loctite them too.

3 Likes