Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

I have gone well over 1000km on one set of belts, are you sure they are the right length?

1 Like

I have a Focbox Unity that neither switches off or does Auto shut-off. Any fix?
I checked the switch with a multimeter and it has continuity when pressed and have written/programmed 1 minute idle to off.

Yes. I used the belts that came with my mounts, ran a short version without idler. All good until i changed to those motor pulleys. My first belt broke after 1300km on the old pulley. Now 3 broke after not even 150km with the new ones.

Brand new belt after 200m

1 Like

Pulleys teeth pattern maybe mislabelled? I had a ‘HTD5M’ pulley that was really a GT3 pulley and it ate up a whole bunch of my belts. That looks like tension damage but I don’t understand how after 200m…

Edit try cleaning up the pulley with steel wool to make sure there arent burs cutting into the belt.

1 Like

The seller said it’s htd5m and i trust that.
Here are some pics.

This is my old one :

And this the new one

Pulleys ares clean and the tension wasn’t hard, it had some “slack”

The one thing i noticed is that the new 15t pulleys is smaller than my old one. With that installed i had to readjust the tension

1 Like

They look fine yeah I really don’t know, sorry man.

Tbis is what i mean with smaller.
Top pulley is the old one, bottom new.
They are aligned on the first picture.
If i look at the back of them without moving they are misaligned even though both are 15t

1 Like

Sand the edges of the set screw hole a bit, they might be sharp and cause permature wear.

2 Likes

Already did that as good as i get it :see_no_evil:

Its not like that i don’t try everything before asking. :sweat_smile:

and i don’t think this is a good mounting position for the other pulley i have laying around

1 Like

the @torqueboards pulleys have the edge here, because you never have to worry about the grub screw (or the edge of the threaded hole) eating into the belt. sucks that your motor shaft isn’t long enough for a good fit

2 Likes

This! Thats the reason i’m looking for them again.

i have these but they are too long for my shaft

only disadvantage is that i seem to have squeaky/whiney belts with them kf they are not wet or have antitranspirant on them.

1 Like

I am trying to order a replacement DRV for a Dual FSESC6.6 but the TI site lists two variants - DRV8301DCA or DRV8301DCAR. I couldnt find any info at Flipsky’s site. Does anyone know which one I need and if I need to know anything else before soldering it onto the ESC?

1 Like

The antispark blew. Need to get all the fets replaced

Get the one that ends with R, the R stands for Race.

Actually

The R is just for Reel (the way the chip is packaged, vs in a tube. For machine assembly purposes)

6 Likes

Thank you! I’d have gotten the wrong one.
Btw, let’s stick to Race, it sounds better haha

1 Like

@jansen check your damn pm’s!?!

What is your favorite motor mounting position:

• Board on Top, Motor underneath
  • Motors From Behind
  • Direct Drive Scissor Straddle
  • Hub

0 voters

1 Like

Will these work with TorqueBoards directdrive motors?
@torqueboards

Has anyone tried a 4wd setup but using separate remotes for fwd and rwd. I want to separate them so I have more control on entering and exiting corners. also it is cheaper for me in upgrading my board atm. I am wondering how controls will go trying to phase in fwd on a roll.

1 Like

I don’t know if anyone has figured it out, but I do know I want video of the first ride.

6 Likes