Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

this

sounds scary as fuck!

3 Likes

ill for sure post something if I decide to put it together

1 Like

possibly. I plan on running 40amps per motors to the rear. and 30-40 amps per motor for the front.

1 Like

I dunno dude something about back emf, and physics, and electron phasing, and @shart graphs and cogging…

plus the minor factor of how the fuck you going to manipulate two remotes while trying to achieve optimum performance…(insert k00kface)

you ask me you’re on a fool’s errand…

but ain’t my monkeys, ain’t my circus…

vaya con dios… leave the youtube footage in your will…

2 Likes

Someone told me that you shouldn’t run pneumatics with 50xx motors. Although I am pretty small, 135lb (~61kg). Being a college student I only have the current choice of either bigger motors, or pneumatics. I’ve wanted pneumatics for a while and currently these motors seem to have more torque then I could ever use. They are 5065 flipsky. I’ve been wanting pneumatics forever. Would I be okay putting pneumatics on until I can afford bigger motors? Or would I be wasting my time?

1 Like

You’ll be fine as long as you’re not hitting too many hills. You could also go with a smaller diameter pneumatic like 6 or 7" instead.

2 Likes

The reason you normally don’t want to use 50mm motors with big wheels is the great generation. If you live in a cool climate, are light in your feet and don’t ride like an insane monkey fucker (looking at you @Sender :grin:) you should be fine.

4 Likes

I mainly want them because in Cleveland our sidewalks also have massive potholes

1 Like

Get some 6in numies, 6 shooters or TB nummies, you should be fine at 135.

1 Like

I’m really digging @torqueboards tires… and their prices… great suggestion… and pump them up to their MAX, @JoelM, you’ll be fine… you’re starts and stops may suffer a might, but juss cruise… you’ll be fine!

4 Likes

The starting and stopping won’t be as bad as these dammed bricks I ride on at campus. For every 3 bricks, 2 are missing. It’s like trying to ride around a damn minefield in Germany during WWII

3 Likes

just everyso often… especially when new to you… check the motor temps… then increase the throttle pulls, amp draws etc…check motor temps often when it’s all new to you… get to know your set-up and treat it good, and she’ll treat you fine… your board won’t be the fastest… but don’t worry it will be fun!

1 Like

​​​

2 Likes

What temp would you consider to be too high? I usually check and keep an eye, but I only base max temps off my own standards. So I don’t really know what most people consider too hot

1 Like

when they become unconformable to hold… they’re fucking hot… like 135~140 degrees, at the can stator temp, I really don’t know… you can set temp cut-offs etc… they’re HOT… back off a little…

I’d suggest you work you way up, from warm to hot rather than work your way down… when they get too hot to handle… there too hot

1 Like

Oh, yeah I never let my motors get past ā€œpretty warmā€

1 Like

If you’re happy… you’re motors will be happy… if you get bigger tires… you’ll get more heat…

1 Like

I am aware of that. Do you know if those little push on 3d printed fans do anything for these motors? I know for cnc machines and different types of motors, those fans basically make a whole new spec sheet. I just don’t know if they do anything for these motors

On my 63xx maytechs (lots of large vents), the fan I printed up for it brings down thermals by as much as 15-20C. On other more sealed design (no vents on stator side, only can), less than 5C. So effective IF there are large slots for big airflow potential.

2 Likes

people will argue the aerodynamics of the benefits forever on the internets… but feature this… we have a mass of matter circulating through cooling air… how much better are you really going to make it… on sealed cans… when you’ve solved at problem, you have only band-aided the problem… the stator gets hot not the cans… yes they get hot, but because of the stator…

i think whatever floats your boat… me personally i think… why add mass, aerodynamic drag, and complication to not address the problem… i think they’re bullshit…

1 Like