Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

this

sounds scary as fuck!

3 Likes

ill for sure post something if I decide to put it together

1 Like

possibly. I plan on running 40amps per motors to the rear. and 30-40 amps per motor for the front.

1 Like

I dunno dude something about back emf, and physics, and electron phasing, and @shart graphs and coggingā€¦

plus the minor factor of how the fuck you going to manipulate two remotes while trying to achieve optimum performanceā€¦(insert k00kface)

you ask me youā€™re on a foolā€™s errandā€¦

but ainā€™t my monkeys, ainā€™t my circusā€¦

vaya con diosā€¦ leave the youtube footage in your willā€¦

2 Likes

Someone told me that you shouldnā€™t run pneumatics with 50xx motors. Although I am pretty small, 135lb (~61kg). Being a college student I only have the current choice of either bigger motors, or pneumatics. Iā€™ve wanted pneumatics for a while and currently these motors seem to have more torque then I could ever use. They are 5065 flipsky. Iā€™ve been wanting pneumatics forever. Would I be okay putting pneumatics on until I can afford bigger motors? Or would I be wasting my time?

1 Like

Youā€™ll be fine as long as youā€™re not hitting too many hills. You could also go with a smaller diameter pneumatic like 6 or 7" instead.

2 Likes

The reason you normally donā€™t want to use 50mm motors with big wheels is the great generation. If you live in a cool climate, are light in your feet and donā€™t ride like an insane monkey fucker (looking at you @Sender :grin:) you should be fine.

4 Likes

I mainly want them because in Cleveland our sidewalks also have massive potholes

1 Like

Get some 6in numies, 6 shooters or TB nummies, you should be fine at 135.

1 Like

Iā€™m really digging @torqueboards tiresā€¦ and their pricesā€¦ great suggestionā€¦ and pump them up to their MAX, @JoelM, youā€™ll be fineā€¦ youā€™re starts and stops may suffer a might, but juss cruiseā€¦ youā€™ll be fine!

4 Likes

The starting and stopping wonā€™t be as bad as these dammed bricks I ride on at campus. For every 3 bricks, 2 are missing. Itā€™s like trying to ride around a damn minefield in Germany during WWII

3 Likes

just everyso oftenā€¦ especially when new to youā€¦ check the motor tempsā€¦ then increase the throttle pulls, amp draws etcā€¦check motor temps often when itā€™s all new to youā€¦ get to know your set-up and treat it good, and sheā€™ll treat you fineā€¦ your board wonā€™t be the fastestā€¦ but donā€™t worry it will be fun!

1 Like

ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹

2 Likes

What temp would you consider to be too high? I usually check and keep an eye, but I only base max temps off my own standards. So I donā€™t really know what most people consider too hot

1 Like

when they become unconformable to holdā€¦ theyā€™re fucking hotā€¦ like 135~140 degrees, at the can stator temp, I really donā€™t knowā€¦ you can set temp cut-offs etcā€¦ theyā€™re HOTā€¦ back off a littleā€¦

Iā€™d suggest you work you way up, from warm to hot rather than work your way downā€¦ when they get too hot to handleā€¦ there too hot

1 Like

Oh, yeah I never let my motors get past ā€œpretty warmā€

1 Like

If youā€™re happyā€¦ youā€™re motors will be happyā€¦ if you get bigger tiresā€¦ youā€™ll get more heatā€¦

1 Like

I am aware of that. Do you know if those little push on 3d printed fans do anything for these motors? I know for cnc machines and different types of motors, those fans basically make a whole new spec sheet. I just donā€™t know if they do anything for these motors

On my 63xx maytechs (lots of large vents), the fan I printed up for it brings down thermals by as much as 15-20C. On other more sealed design (no vents on stator side, only can), less than 5C. So effective IF there are large slots for big airflow potential.

2 Likes

people will argue the aerodynamics of the benefits forever on the internetsā€¦ but feature thisā€¦ we have a mass of matter circulating through cooling airā€¦ how much better are you really going to make itā€¦ on sealed cansā€¦ when youā€™ve solved at problem, you have only band-aided the problemā€¦ the stator gets hot not the cansā€¦ yes they get hot, but because of the statorā€¦

i think whatever floats your boatā€¦ me personally i thinkā€¦ why add mass, aerodynamic drag, and complication to not address the problemā€¦ i think theyā€™re bullshitā€¦

1 Like