Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

I know haha. he said

and then a problem 3 is

that is how i understood it. if there is no MOQ then we just have to find enough people so that the colour choice gets divided by the amount of people who buy one :grinning:

duh. my bad :smile:

1 Like

if i want to avoid using can,

can i just merge the ppm cables coming from both esc’s into the reciever ?

Don’t connect the +5V on one of them.

Arguably, you should not connect the ground on that same one, either. But this is up for debate.

One of the two ESCs only needs the signal wire but this is assuming that the ESCs have their power input wires connected together.

1 Like

split ppm thread

ok what i learned in our split ppm thread is that it could (will) cause a ground loop , which on some esc’s could be a problem but people do it for ages…

im attempting this on 2 flipsky 4.12, am i safe ?

basicly ill be doing this :point_up:

black orange blue green

1 Like

can i see this? Thanks :blush:

You tell us…:wink:

7 Likes

5 Likes

@b264 back to the belt whine, i rode my board until it came back and this is everything i need to make the belt quiet (the wet part) The dry white part is from the previous time.

1 Like

That’s really really odd. Maybe adding weight to the belt makes it quieter? Gonna need to do many experiments

1 Like

But thats basically nothing. Washing the belt and letting it dry until use it the next time works too for around 25/30km. So a clean belt doesn’t have any extra weight.

You mentioned letting it sit in oil and or water. Cooking is probably not a good idea.

Question : I just got me some Abec-core chinese wheels - trouble is the cores are horribly made, meaning they are impossible to fit onto the abec adapters to the drive short of hammering them in potentially breaking things. I have no issues with my other wheels, but I really want to use these wheels. Does anyone here have any experience in filing down the abec holes to make them easier to slide them on? or do I need a dremel tool or something? Thanks!

1 Like

@legend27 want to share how you expanded the holes on the abec core for @spade ?

2 Likes

Good to know those motors can’t be damaged that way a lot of them don’t have the stop for the screw at the back just need to have the right length. Think multimeter and checking the resistance between different phase wires is your best bet now see if there is some major difference in the one that works and one that doesn’t but probably looking at replacement if that’s the problem.

1 Like

Not the best cells, technology has evolved over the last 4-5yrs, but it’s compensated by having 8P of them to provide a decent output. You’d get a much better power/weight ratio in a modern 10S3P or 10S4P, but that’d be a different budget.

3 Likes

@wafflejock

I got my multimeter and tested the resistance (hope I did it right, it has been a while) :

Here is how I did to make sure I did not goofed up, range is on “Ω” :

Any idea ?

2 Likes

I’m surprised you remember that I did it :joy:

@spade

I basically just took a drill with a drill bit that fitted in the hole of the core and then slowly made the core bigger by powering the drill.

Hope that makes somewhat sense, if not, speak up! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’ll probably have to take the cans off and look if the windings look good.

2 Likes

i believe we have a thread where folks advertise their appetite for battery voltage risk

1 Like