Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

I am completely lostā€¦ using a mini VESC 4.12, and an 80100 motor. Sets amps to 45/-15, but whenever I accelerate somewhat fast and break somewhat hard I get cutouts:(

The amount of adjustability is higher on our spring trucks. Inner and outer spring position, 7 different dampas, adjustable pre-tension and Barrels option. If you canā€™t find your perfect setup, donā€™t blame us. The Barrels are either super turny (inner position), or medium stuff in the outer position.

1 Like

is your absolute max setting a lot higher than either the motor and battery amp limit settings? it should beā€¦ like 120a or more.

1 Like

The Trampa Barrels are the same thing, just less expensive. We are also in the process of making custom Barrel designs.

2 Likes

perfect! I never said i had a problem, in fact i really like your trucks :wink:
My preference of barrel for me at this present stage are the etoxx ones though, that is all i was saying

They are made on the same mould.

but only if i pay 10 bucks more for a different baseplate?

Whats the 30gbp difference between the Infinity and Vertigo truck? That the one is CNCed and has hollow axles?

Itā€™s 130

do you have a battery management system controlling your discharge?

I disconnected it for discharge @professor_shartsis

do you think with voltage sag the battery is dropping below your minimum voltage setting? other than that all i can think of is temperature cutoff.

There is a thread for it

What vesc is this? Are you getting any errors in the vesc log?

1 Like

I doubt it, because it happens when I break also

@Harrisonwms1 since you said it happens during ā€œhardā€ acceleration and braking, it sounds like a result of high current which would either suggest a temperature issue or a software issueā€¦ one last possibility that comes to mind is the firmwareā€™s hardware limits file of the hardware youā€™re usingā€¦ if youā€™re exceeding one of the settings they have in there, it could possibly cause an issue. iā€™d try lower current limits if your bms really isnā€™t limiting charge/discharge.

1 Like

Is that how you refer to me at night, when noone is around? :grin:

3 Likes

I havenā€™t thought about firmware issues, I am going to try ack or a different version of Vesc hardware

@Harrisonwms1 i found this over on vesc-project.com:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a lot of motor, for not a lot of esc

7 Likes

Wowā€¦ that explains a lot, thanks, I am changing firmware