Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

I was thinking 40T or P42a, 10s6p vs 12s5p.
6x2 or Trampa urban treads geared for about 50kmh (~30mph)

Leaning towards 12s atm but nor really sure yet

I just want a good one, nothing too fancy. If I could see the voltages of each cell that would be nice but it’s not a necessity for me.

1 Like

Look for a Bestech D140. Barring that, many of have used these basic units with good success:

link

But depending on your timeframe, I might hold out for this:

1 Like

Alright thanks for all your help with this stuff. Much appreciated!

1 Like

I just bought those charge ports and almost bought those cables.

I ended up going with these and they fit standard battery ports and are a bit cheaper.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M5AHF0Z/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_7KBlEbK7HXDNT

1 Like

I got recommended 10s batteries when first building here and regret it.

It was awesome for a long time… Now I’m just full throttling around :confused:

Yes it will work, but I’d go 12s to avoid the full throttling around.

Currently looking to replace my 10s packs if you go that route.

2 Likes

Yeah I have a 10s board on urethane that works fine but not sure if it would be enough for pneumies

thx, i think i’ll grab a set of those as well. nice to have options :grin:

Didn’t want to start a new thread, but could anyone give advice on what order if any a (lipo) Bestech bms’ connections should be disconnected to prevent any damage?

That would be my choice. Less range but more power.

exactly my position.

2 Likes

Both of mine are on pneumatics if that tells you anything

2 Likes

Thinking about doing a “Surfy” build. Just wondering about the electronics/ battery enclosure for a board like this. It has a lot of flex so I’m wondering if there is an enclose that would accommodate the flex and keep the esc and battery dry.
thanks
Paul

Vote and Why?

• MBS Matrix 2
  • Trampa Spring Truck

0 voters

@Trampa Can you tell me how your Barrels compare to the MBS Shockblocks (Red) in terms of hardness and ability to turn?
Also What Damper is equivalent or a bit harder than the RED shockblock?

The segmented kaly-style enclosures seem the best for flex on contoured decks. The issue you may face is the deck width being smaller than standard mtb decks which are more often using the flex enclosures.

2 Likes

As much as i love the looks on the mbs (note i have never tried either) but trampa wins in aesthetics for me especially with all the different colours. And the important thing for me is that i can use etoxx elsatomere dampeners that really make the whole ride nicer.
Of course this becomes expensive for not a whole lot of difference so mbs might win on an overall basis

1 Like

Even my cool neochrome ones?

5 Likes

Nah they look awesome but they don’t fit every style :wink:

1 Like

i’d be more worried about slicing a finger from hand-holding the motor in that manner

4 Likes

It sound like a magnet that is loose. i would open it up and take a peek then battle harden it while you are at it

1 Like

@Venom121212 where might I find one of these enclosures?
Thanks