Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Thank you for detailing that out. This is why I still only build with 30Q. Energy density is priceless on a thing with very limited space. For pure power output, go lipo. P count means nothing in correlation to cell size. Its all about how much lithium you can fit in that space.

2 Likes

did you mean even in 2p it will get you up the steapest hill? hmmm, more to think about then. 21700’s are just over a £1 more per cell. ill need less of course. so, for a dual 6354/55 would a 12s2p 40T pack make good use of the motors power albeit with a sacrifice in range?
would be running the 21700s on NESE

for hill climbing, power density is a benefit

1 Like

I’ve spent the last 20 minutes searching…

What’s the length & width of a hummie deck? I need the measurements for finding a graphic to skin it.

1 Like

It wont, but the hills near my house no troubles, 15 degree ) i have my pack limited to 45 amps. Which is penty for urban commuting. An Evolve GTR has a 37 amp limit.

2 Likes

Will a 12s4p 18650 Samsung 30Q pack suffice for an AWD setup. Using Tab 90kV DD? Or should I use a beefier pack? I ask because I’m waiting on a 12s6p 21700 30T pack but was wondering in the meantime I could use the 12s4p pack? Thanks

Hello,

been putting together a parts list for my second upcoming build and was trying to see which VESC I should get. I have heard mixed things about the Flipsky ones such as the VESC 6.6 200A but would also like to know whether it would be worth it to spring for dual Trampa VESCs. Just for reference I plan to run dual Torqueboard 6355 190kv’s with a 10s6p battery. Thanks for the help

2 Likes

Meta forum question here:

is there a way to reset your read position on a thread? I dropped a reply on the battery builders thread and it marked me as read to the end.

Other times I’ve searched for somethign found it in a thread I haven’t read and my read position jumps to that point.

Many threads on this sight are very huge, so it’d be nice to be able to keep my read position back where I actually read.

bookmark.

2 Likes

If you can afford them, no better option exists. That said, if you’re going to looking at a summer build, some other viable options will be coming along. But likely none as bulletproof.

2 Likes

You have any inside info about the new Torque board ones they got in the works? Saw the thread about the dual ones they were trying out, any ETA that you know of for those?

1 Like

That’s a question only TB can answer. He’s been around long enough and is smart enough to test them thoroughly before releasing them.

interesting workaround. not entirely adequate. but could help some of the situations.

2 Likes

I also have another question, would a BMS from here (link below) be a good option if I were to run it in my 10s6p set-up with 30Q cells? If not where would be the best option for a BMS?

1 Like

First, never, ever go MBoards for anything. Possibly the lowest-rated vendor in all of esk8.

Current BMS options are all over the place. How much information about your battery and its functions are you hoping to get?

9 Likes

It depends entirely on what you mean by “suffice”.
Will it power up and go? Absolutely.
Will it be limited entirely by the battery? also a yes. Basically you’ll be limited to 20 battery amps per wheel.

1 Like

@MysticalDork Hahah fair enough. Thanks.

Are these good to use on the charge port? I’m fusing my negative wire.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B074J5498N?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image
Charge port
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07S5ZLFDG?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

1 Like

Is 10S sufficient for a cruiser/carver mountainboard with pneumatics or is 12S the way to go?

2 Likes

Sounds like you want more of an AT board more than a MTB.
Either is a great choice but 12s will of course give more power.
Personally i would chose 12s if space is not an issue.
12 especially with 40t would be exceptionally better than a 10s of 30q for example