Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Looks good here too only thing I’d say is wrong here is the “series” label it should be a parallel connector there since you are splitting to ++/-- not going from + to - the boxes labelled A are really where the series/serial connections happen.

1 Like

True, thanks for that. Im still learning stuff. just ride a test drive and it works fine. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can anyone read Chinese? You still around @jeffwuneo?

1 Like

… is Google translate not working?

2 Likes

@glyphiks arrived at the processing center, from Guangzhou, China, left Guangzhou and sent to Melbourne. It has left Baiyun Lantou Station, the postal express business department of Guangdong Province, and sent to Guangzhou International Parts Processing Center of China Post Express Logistics Co., Ltd.

3 Likes

arrived at facility, from Guangzhou , China

leaves Guangzhou, on way to Melbourne

5 Likes

Full text:

Arrived at the processing center, from Guangzhou, China, left Guangzhou and sent to Melbourne. It has left Baiyun Lantou Station of the International Business Department of Guangdong Post Express Logistics, and sent it to Guangzhou International Post Processing Center of Guangzhou Post Received by Baiyun Lantou Station of Business Sales Department (Name of the investment member: Wu Yongqian, Tel: 13901390139)

Old man. That’ll be tree fiddy

@BillGordon
@M.Hboards

Not only are we all big brain club, but we also apparently all have nothing better to do with our lives

7 Likes

Kicked out.

Painfully accurate.

7 Likes

Haha cheers guys. I only got sent a photo of it… does google translate work for photos? Are are you all proficient in Chinese?

1 Like

2 Likes

Yes! You can import a photo into Google translate.

5 Likes

Thats awesome.

@M.Hboards excellent. Learn something every day :joy:

2 Likes

please double check my math for TBDD motor Kv calculation

ERPM: 40527.0
Pole Pair: 14
Volts: 47.2
Duty: 95.0%
(40527/(28 x 47.2 x 0.95)) = 56 Kv

Can I get monstrous torque out of 63 series motors reduced with 3:31 gear drive - and 6” pneumatics? 6374 wont fit but anything smaller will.

I was thinking if I limit my top speed to 20mph I could use a low over motor - day around 100kv. Would that give me tire spinning - dangerous amounts of starting torque?

1 Like

non sequitur -
has anyone disassembled a TBDD motor?

i have a motor that rattles more than the cells at multnomah county jail during @SeanHacker 's annual “Hacker Holiday Hootenanny” . The thing was a B* to get off the hanger (see what i did there) and i’m reluctant to apply force without experienced guidance

3 Likes

if you tested in bldc and it has 14 magnets I get:

erpm 40527

40527erpm / 7erpm per rev (assuming 14 magnets) = 5789.5 rpm

47.2v bat

47.2v * .95 duty = 44.84v effective volts to the motor

5789.5rpm / 44.84v effective = 129kv

129.1 kv

if you tested in bldc and it has 28 magnets I get:

erpm 40527

40527erpm / 14erpm per rev (assuming 28 magnets) = 2894.7 rpm

47.2v bat

47.2v * .95 duty = 44.84v effective volts to the motor

2894.7 rpm / 44.84v effective = 64.5kv

64.5 kv

3 Likes

thanks for the quick reply. yes i re-ran in BLDC after your comment last night.

so what i was missing was dividing the erpm by (7). thanks again

1 Like

it’s probably actually technically slightly higher because you have to turn the motor a bit faster than it will turn on it’s own because the no load speed (for measuring kv) is measured at 0 motor current

it’s the speed at which the back emf voltage equals the applied voltage so 0 motor current

5 Likes

are you telling me that EMF is more than just a one-hit wonder from the early 90’s? the things you learn on the internet…

thanks again!

It’s 28.

2 Likes