eLofty Direct Drive Discussions-read before buying

Then, that seems like the right number when compared to 85mOhm for 58kv eLofty.

@Goldrabe, do you have a screenshot of your VESC detection results? You said that your motors are probably 75KV?

That sadly won’t make any difference to the motor heat, because your ESC works like a step down regulator and applies the required voltage to the motor windings. It will reduce both the 10S voltage and the 11S voltage to the same voltage if given same command from your throttle. Only difference would be the current drawn from battery(it will go down), battery life and the top speed.

2 Likes

Sadly I pulled the battery from the board running these drives. I can’t check at the moment. They are probably between 60 to 70kv. I reached 40km/h on flat terrain with a little throttle left. According to the calculators I should only be able to reach 38km/h @ 60kv.

Maybe you were going down the slope? Since these don’t have belt drag, it does actually speed up down slope even with my Pneumatics very easily. My belt does that too but on steep down slope.

1 Like

In my perception it was totally flat, I will provide a screenshot of the detection ASAP. Isn’t it possible to get the kv by typing kv in the Vesctool console?

For KV, you have to open the realtime plot and take a screenshot of

1. erpm or rpm
  2. battery voltage
  3. duty cycle
2 Likes

These wheels feel great. Definitely best 90mm available on the market atm. I hard carved them on dkp. Tons of grip but not too soft. Still getting that road feel.

13 Likes

Yeah, what @topcloud said about them blew me away. I think I remember he took them off to put on his reference wheels, then swapped them back.

Thanks for sharing another experienced rider’s impressions. I hope if the 100s get made, they don’t change anything but the dimensions.

4 Likes

Passing along some info from Kenna. She is giving me the option of receiving new and improved 72kv motors. If you ordered a set and they didn’t ship yet I’m sure she would do the same for anyone else who ordered.

4 Likes

Same here. I’m slightly disappointed since I plan to go for big wheels and I’m not really a speedy guy. I asked when the 58kv will be available and haven’t got the answer yet.

1 Like

@topcloud @Winfly: Guys, would it be possible for you to get an update from Kenna regarding the latest batch of motors? Kenna does communicate with me on WhatsApp but we struggle understanding each other. I ordered the 58kv motors and yesterday I was told they would be shipped on Tuesday. Today, Kenna contacted me and told me she can only provide 72kv. I asked what happened with the 58kv batch and I’m getting very fuzzy responses.

1 Like

Well, she has shifted focus away from 58 since everyone seemed to want 72kv. People who ordered 58 are getting 72 like RyanSinatra shared with us.

We are a vendor’s nightmare at times.

3 Likes

Just talked with her.

The scoop:

Both 58kv and 72kv are still being offered but only 72 available to ship right away. Her understandable assumption is that people clamoring to get their motors ASAP will accept either product. If you are okay to wait, then you will have your 58 version like mine.

She will be offering both going forward. If you have any communication issues, feel free to ask and I will try to help.

6 Likes

Jan, is it easier for you if I tell her you want 58?

Thanks for getting the update for me. I appreciate it. I’ll PM you so that we don’t clutter the thread.

Clutter the thread. This is all good info for buyers!

6 Likes

I connected the battery, sadly kv command wasn´t working in Terminal.
I hope you can draw your conclusions out of the Screenshot.
My motors seems to be 56,6 mOhm.

1 Like

KV = 26672erpm/(10pole_pair*38.5V*0.95) = 72.92.

You were right, you do have the elusive 75KV motors. The winding resistance also indicates that. At 56mOhm, it’s a tiny bit better than the 65mOhm winding resistance of 75KV TB DD.

5 Likes

Same here. I ordered the 58kv version but Kenna is offering the 72kv.
My idea was to use this with 6" tires like @mishrasubhransu.

If I use the 72kv version with 6" tires Will the performance be greatly affected??

1 Like

Yeah, would be pretty underwhelming unless you get 4WD

1 Like