Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Does anyone know the measurements for the bearings? My wheels have a lot more resistance due to going through puddles the past few days. I will definitely be taking them apart in the near future and I’ll update here with my measurements or the ones Enertion sends if they ever get back to me.

Thanks for any help you guys can give!

enertion’s website lists
Compatible with standard 608 skateboard bearings

2 Likes

Is it a two-shunt ESC – aka a VESC 4.x based ESC?

That flux should be fine. I generally go for liquid flux (I’ve got a flux pen, and a bottle), but brush-on/paste works too.

Leaded/unleaded probably just means it’s chemistry is tailored to work better with one type of solder or the other, but should work fine with either. I still use the old school 63/37 lead solder, but some of the newer lead free alloys are pretty good too.

1 Like

yes 2x 4.12 tb vesc.

Thank you @wafflejock @MysticalDork
That answers my question 10x more than I needed!:hugs:
I was just asking about the flux itself, what it meant to have “leadfree flux”
I did lots of research for solder, I know what all the different types are, so i eventually pulled the trigger :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

I think some of the acid style fluxes have metal salts in them (I know some have tin chloride for example), and some may have lead salts or other lead compounds. No big deal for us, but not desirable for soldering copper water pipes.

1 Like

Thank you! I didnt check the board page.

Yah that’s the good stuff :smiley: a lot of people do seem to go 63/37 mix as the “sweet spot” of easy to flow but still pretty strong I guess (I’m not enough of an aficionado to really notice that much, but rosin core seems to help quite a bit if foregoing flux)

2 Likes

hey… i just found out about trampa gummies, since im looking into big thane wheels.

anyone wanna drop his thoughts on them, maybe compared to tb 110s ?

Do you have a bag or some suggestion for checking-in ESK8s? don’t want to bring them into the cabin, always attracts unwanted attention. Thanks

Is there somebody who uses a Trampa mtb truck in front and mbs matrix in the rear?

Ok so my Noob question is in focbox programing,

12s5p battery from psychotiller charged holds 41.5v but the cutoff for focbox is 40.8v which means i have no range? Shoukd i have more charge in my battery? Is there a bad cell? Is it ok to go to a lower cutoff without damaging the battery?

1 Like

They are big, so you can run over stuff but you will feel everything you run over. There’s not a lot of thane too them, they are skinny and not very thick.

3 Likes

There are some options available like board bag. But honestly with the way I see checked baggage being thrown about. I’d rather carry into the cabin.

Do a lot of people carry their decks onboard planes anyway? I would look into a solution if there’s demand for it.

1 Like

ah thats unfortunate… i read the article about them here and it sounded to me like the special thane could help a bit with the ride feel

Like all stuff involved with esk8 there are differing opinions, I didn’t like them and that’s all I can really attest too. .

2 Likes

Fully charged 30q cells should be 4.2 V each.

12s x 4.2 V = 50.4 V

Your battery is reading way low for fully charged.

You sure you’re using a 12s charger and not 10s?

1 Like

Short and simple, does the Flipsh-sky 4.20 Dual (non Plus) have integrated anti spark? Can’t seem to find that info listed anywhere.