Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

I have a piece of grip tape and I want to cut it out in the center in the form of the esk8 logo.
(Keeping the circle and cutting out the center)
What is the easiest way to do this since the logo is complex?

1. find someone with a laser cutter ir CNC with a drag knife
  2. trace it on the back of the grip, get a pin knife and be very careful
1 Like

You might ruin a blade or two doing it, but a swivel knife could work well.

1 Like

Tape it in reverse to the smooth side of the grip tape so it doesn’t shift.

Poke 3,628 holes with a sewing pin.

Go over it with an exacto knife you don’t care about.

7 Likes

We’re looking at travel friendly mini Mountainboards and the likes of Metroboard / Evolve Stoked / DIY stuff that’s roughly 35-40 inches in length sized stuff as well… Surf board bags are just not appropriate. And you really can’t bring these onto cabins. Yes the BRD Bag is ok, but like everything else, it needs an alternative competitor… it seems to be the only solution out there for now borne out of Casey’s dilemma. Snowboard bags are simply not appropriate and yet they are never checked in because Cabin Crew would simply reject it.

2 Likes

Another weird motor question what might this noise be?

I’ve opened it up but nothing seems wrong.

Sounds like a bearing

1 Like

I should perhaps oil it?
I mean, the sound only appears during a certain “rotation” speed I would say, especially when I release the throttle and it decelerate.

@b264 oil around the motor?

This will work, just take care that both batteries are same capacity/same number of cycles on then. It would be best to use two new identical batteries bought from the same batch.

1 Like

Perfect. They are 1:1 the same. Bought at the same time and always used them in series.I’m just sick of the 5hours per battery charging with my single imax b6. I want a regular 12s charger, hence the bms.

1 Like

Thats good idea. Also, take care that all groups are same or near same voltage. Big voltage difference between groups could be hard to balance for bms.

Here you can read how to do it in details. Same case like yours:

1 Like

Fair point. Definitely not an easy issue to solve. Maybe an eskate pelican case?

It has been a while since I built my first board. I am currently doing some upgrades and at some point I got some antispark xt90s that I did not use. I can’t remember why I got them. So wheren in the circuit do you typically put antispark connectors?

bottom one

1 Like

After battery. Before anything you don’t want to stay on after pulling key.

1 Like

lol @J0ker

1 Like

I put oil in the motor when I service things and some of it comes out but whatever stays I’m sure it helps. Especially if you’re running unsensored, it can’t hurt to be in there.

Does it make the noise when the pulley is not on the motor?