Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

@mmaner @Venom121212 , in the remote , the battery say is full ,

1 Like

Was 49v at full charge?

Yes, I would. You have a BT module?

@Venom121212 , noo it was full
@mmaner i dont have bt module

I’m confused. You say you had 49v and it was fully charged…

A fully charged 12s pack should be at 50.4V

1 Like

sorry my bad 50 , i want to say , sorry

1 Like

It’s a bit easier to track watt usage and voltage with a BT module. I’d set your cutoff begin/end around 39/38 and make sure fully charged.

1 Like

ok @mmaner , tomorrow i will change the settings , and i will be back with , the result :slight_smile:

1 Like

i have mine set to 38.4 cutoff and 48v full charge on 12s, i want the battery to last me for years

2 Likes

and if i want a more range , my settings most will be like yours ??

if you want more range then you could set it for cutoff at 36v and full charge at 50.4v assuming you have 12s li-ion

2 Likes

Can also limit your amps, you won’t be able to accelerate quite as fast but more likely to save some Wh that way also ideally let yourself neutral to slow down instead of being heavy on brakes and acceleration (if you could keep constant velocity and never stop that would be the most efficient i believe).

Also not sure if you mentioned it or not but pneumatics vs urethane matter and weight of rider plus riding conditions hard to guess without all the variables, metr helps a lot.

I’m trying to see if we can use raspi zero as alternative logger for uart data but going to take some doing to disable default usage on raspbian of the uart then some work to log and other stuff so maybe a ways out.

3 Likes

yes pneumatics wheels , evolve tiers 150 mm

You could try checking your tire pressure out too in that case, I pumped mine up from torqueboards after getting them and rolled a lot easier just kick pushing once they were pumped up, so imagine that equates to motor does less work if wheels are properly inflated (sure if you go too high the contact patch gets reduced some but if they can be squeezed with a lot of pressure by hand I would check them out). Think like mmaner said the limits could be lowered most likely without much issue either and some cells have more of their charge lower in the voltage range than others, for lipos I keep the limits high to keep the cells healthy and not risk them.

2 Likes

Can you set the vesc so that you get max torque from your motors but limit the topspeed? Thanks!

If you have max speed then you will automatically lose top speed.

I think i just mean if you can limit topspeed in the vesc with the same gearing but keep your current torque. Is that possible?
Now i go 45km/h but it is not needed. 38 or so would be enough but i would like to keep my startup torque.

1 Like

Yes

1 Like

I can use these on evolve trucks?

No, you’ll need to get evolve specific motor mounts. Torquboards used to carry them but they were overpriced (imo) and I don’t see them anymore. Dickyho has some, as well as a few other random esk8 vendors I can’t be bothered to look up right now.