Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

@xsynatic Sure thing. Lemme make sure it fits.
@b264 TB6374

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been snowboarding for 15+ years and built my first esk8 this summer, never skateboarded before that. I found that keeping your CoM on the forward half of the board helps the most. Itā€™s a bit hard to find the right spot at first but once you lean forward and hunker down a bit you can get a similar feeling to snowboarding and kind of steer with your back foot like a rudder while keeping your weight on your front foot. Coming from a snowboarding background Iā€™ve also found that the lenght of the deck / wheelbase plays a significant role in getting that familiar feeling, longer is better but too long and you wont be able to turn too well.

2 Likes

One sensored motor works a treat if you are not a big heavy bastard like me. The sensored one will give the other the orientation it needs to roll in the right direction so will minimise cogging on the unsensored one. Put it this way one of my sensored boards had the cable come out on one side and I didnā€™t notice it till I hit a big incline but as I said I am a big heavy bastard.

5 Likes

And you still get a shit ESC

1 Like

What size fuse to get for bms charge only between the charge port and baterries?

I gather it just has to be over 2a?

Doesnā€™t really matter. Take your charger amperage add 20%-50% and round up to the nearest value.

2 Likes

Approximately double the maximum current you will charge at.

I use 7.5A 58V fuses for 4A max charging or 5A for 2A max charging

3 Likes

Debatable I guess I have 2 with no issues yet. Keyword being yet. @moon

1 Like

I pulled it really hard as I was planning to redo it anyway and it didnā€™t come off. So Iā€™m planning to leave it?

My iron is a cheap one so canā€™t set the temp. I do think Iā€™m only just getting by with it but at this stage donā€™t want to buy a better one.

Itā€™s the 3rd cheap one so yeah false economy proof right here shouldā€™ve just got a good one to start with.

(I tried 3 different brand cheap ones and the current one is the best out of them - for science)

1 Like

As long as it survives a hefty tug, itā€™ll be fine. Tug test everything on an EV - Donā€™t want stuff to crap out while rolling.

There are some pretty great soldering irons/stations available now for very reasonable prices - Anything with cartridge style tips gets major kudos - Probably the cheapest option is one of those Chinese T12 style stations, which can be had for as little as $45-50.

1 Like

Thanks for the info, still so hard to see why a soldering iron is or isnt going to be good like what to look for.

What makes this one

Better than this one?

3 types I saw in-store today had different W range and prices but the only notable difference was the most expensive and highest wattage was just alot bigger but arguably more inconvenient for working with small electronics

I have this charge port but Iā€™m not sure how to wire it.
Thereā€™s a pin for positive, negative and the third pin is a sense pin to detect if something is connected.
With the multimeter on continuity mode, I touched the inside probe to the three pins on the back and found thereā€™s continuity between the inside pin and the left pin on the photo. What does this mean other than that thereā€™s a connection between the two?. Which terminals/pins are positive and negative?

have you checked out the ts100 iron ?
i use it on everything, can be a bit slow on the big stuff(large groundplanes) but for smaller stuff its awesome

5 Likes

i love my ts100 with the new fw itā€™s awesome.

2 Likes

If anyone is in the same situation with this model charge port.

Positive goes to pin on the left
Negative goes to top pin

2 Likes

Hi all. I have a qweation. Today I took the first ride. But i think i make 9 km. And my battery Ʈs low. Why?? . My setap Ʈs. 12s 4p. Battery. Bestech 140 bms. fsesc 6.6 plus. And this Ʈs The settings what i use.
Motor max 100
Motor min -60
Battery max 30A
Battery min - 12A
Cutoff start 42V
Cutoff end 40 v

1 Like

Thatā€™s a pretty high cutoff value. Iā€™d go 39/38.

4 Likes

Can you verify your charge level before and after the ride for us?

Also your voltage cutoffs seem off to me. Oops. Mike wins.

2 Likes

this what i use , first i have 49 V before to ride , and after was 40

@mmaner maybe if i put 38 cut off , it will be the range a little bit more ??

1 Like