Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

@BillGordon My real question is if the slight wobble will negatively affect my board.

1 Like

Hard to say without knowing the reason. Under power, the wobble could get worse and cause contact with the stator or just be slightly out of line but fine. I would bench spin it a bunch with the wheels on and see if creates more of a gap.

I think the wobble is due to uneven pressure from the screws on the shaft. When they are even slightly looses they are fine. I might just locktite the screws in the position that alleviates the wobble knowing they aren’t tightened all the way. In addition I can 3d print a cover to make sure the screws dont come out.

JB weld
jk :rofl:

Your jedi tricks wont fool me.

1 Like

I mocked something up real quick that I’ll print later. Its designed to keep the screws holding the shaft from backing out.

1 Like

Yeah what @Venom121212 said is spot-on IMHO

1 Like

Nothing is wrong with sensorless except you can’t apply a lot of power at 0.0km/h but even if you get it to 0.1km/h with a hip flick you’re fine. You just have to make the wheel turn, almost doesn’t matter how little it turns. You’ll get the hang of it quickly. Sensorless is more reliable anyway – less stuff to fail and a lot more waterproof.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve had that problem a lot. I always just ran it unsensored in that scenario.

That’s initially how I started using unsensored.

2 Likes

Do you mind sharing the stl for that? i was going to model exact that thing someday but i guess you already did it :smiley:

1 Like

Is that for a @torqueboards 6380 motor?

If you email flipsky they will give you free shipping.

1 Like

cheers @b264 will try running sensorless tomorrow

do both have to be running sensorless or is there some possibleity running 1 sensored might work

1 Like

You can run one motor sensored and the other unsensored.

1 Like

will it help at all

also with sensorless foc should i use the settings about openloop to get a smooth strartup

If you run one sensored and the other unsensored, it will work fine. It’d probably work a little better on dual diagonal where the motors are on different trucks, and the unsensored one is in the front. But it will work fine even if both are on the same truck.

1 Like

so i used to get a problem were it felt like one motor was lagging and i now think it was because one had working sensors and the other didnt

could it be that the problem was actually since i was running sensored with broken hall sensors which might have made it lag

also what should i do with openloop

@b264

At startup only, or above 3km/h? Because unsensored will only affect at low/zero speeds

1 Like

also at higher speeds probably 10mph