Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

I can’t get my motor to open more than this. Even to this point i needed tools.

I’ve always been able to just by pulling but they often get stuck in places. I fear if you’ve already used tools then maybe the shaft has an imperfection which is getting hung up on the bearing races

2 Likes

yes if i connect the chargeport straight to the pack it charges, also i have measured if the voltage is coming trough and it is.

This is getting annoying at this point :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Maybe through riding it. Dexter had it open 7~ months ago. But they have about 800km on them by now.

Would it be possible if i let the shaft come though with the stator instead of keeping it attached to the bell?

Try it LoL

I’d try at least

Its the first time i take a motor apart so i have no clue if it would’ve made any problems. I’ve only seen the shaft with the bell so it wasn’t sure. Well i’ll try it.

They almost always get stuck pulling them off in my experience. Enough wriggling gets them off though, at least in my experience. Sometimes they come right off with no sticking.

i think i stop for today. I started on the second motor and it snapped back twice while catching a bit of my finger on the exact same part and finger for both hands.

1 Like

Way up on post 11 LoL

3 Likes

@xsynatic Yeah, careful :sob: Those fingers are precious.

For stubborn motors you can always use a bearing puller but you gotta get like a proper one. Can’t remember where I got mine.

You definitely need specific custom tools to make life easier so you can take these motors apart and re-assemble them with ease.

Then it’s making sure you can put it back properly without it snapping.

3 Likes

yea i know. I slipped everytime it happened. F. me :smiley:

1 Like

I always bolt the stator to a motor mount just so I can hold the motherfucker.

6 Likes

:+1: def

1 Like

Thats a million dollar idea. Why didn’t i think of that???

2 Likes

I love you.

5 Likes

LoL probably the same reason it took me so long to realize I can skip the battery gauge on a build because it’s not needed.

Have you looped the switch on the bms?

It has to be switched on to charge.

1 Like

yes the switch is “ON” idk anymore mate, it should work but it doesnt, the BMS is litteraly brand new out of the package

1 Like

Maybe the bms is in protection mode. Try switching it on and off 5 times quickly. This resets the bms. I have the same one and it did this to me a couple of times.

2 Likes

Does anyone have a vesc data log from latest vedder firmware that I can reference to modify my logs to work with the new data log analyzer? Data logs from older firmware aren’t working with the new vesc tool and I suspect the column layout has changed.