Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Sean and I have that trailerpark abusive cousinlove thing going on, stop trying to jump in between.

We clearly said you can watch from the corner chair only.

3 Likes

That was me. Sous-vide is preparing meals in a sealed bag to lock in the flavor.

And youā€™re getting a little bossy. Donā€™t make me direct people to your Enertion mistake on Builderā€™s.

2 Likes

Besides, I refuse to change Mikeā€™s because itā€™s comedy gold. Dareno usually dreams up his titles under the influence of fortified wine.

3 Likes

No such thing in australia
only beer lol

oof you saw that? Sorry :rofl:

And no one seemed to get that i speak fluent french and understand perfectly what is means and you all start teaching me hehe :smirk:

2 Likes

He makes it himself in a rusty sink next to the abandoned Holden in his front yard.

I heard it. It was like that screeching sound when two trains have their brakes on, desperately trying to avoid a catastrophic collision.

2 Likes

Do you think a yoga mat like this would work?

1 Like

I used a blue one to help my battery with vibrations, has worked perfectly so far.

Ya I was looking at the 130kv ones. I contacted them and asked about a 8mm version and was told i would need to order 50+. I think I can find a machine shop in town to throw the motor on the lathe and turn it.

1 Like

You could not have described that better to be honest

Now that is impressive knowledge

1 Like

It is. Wow. Its a burnt out blue FJ.

1 Like

Looking at what sort of wheel torque I should be looking at for building out a DWII into a competent eMTB. I see the Trampaā€™s are generating about 50 Nm. The sorts of inclines Iā€™ll be hitting probably wonā€™t be all that challenging but it will need to drag itself and my 85 kgā€™s through mud and grass etc. Any advice?

10s5p battery minimum
6374/6380 motors 170kv and below
Gearing depends on wheels

1 Like

Understoodā€¦ but my question was more about the sort of torque itā€™ll need it to generate.

I agree with that ā€“ and thatā€™s how I do smaller wires, and how I used to do large short wires. However, for large gauge wires that are short, like motor phase wires, this way seems to work better for me. I feel like the extra diameter created by the wrapping and meshing can increase the chance of wires rubbing through insulation to each other in a high-vibration environment. Itā€™s weighing pros and cons, really. I also stagger the solder connections so they arenā€™t lined-up and all next to each other.

Might want to consult Master Robot though

1 Like

Cool to know that, hope mine stays this time :+1

Thanks for the tips!

1 Like

What kind of charging jack/connector does a boosted board/charger use?

You donā€™t really look at NM in esk8. You see If you have big motors like i stated above and you you have a battery powerful enough and an esc that can handle great amps, then you will have plenty of torque.
You canā€™t have to much torque, the more is better. It can always be reduced via software.
I might create a thread about it because a lot of people ask about it and it is spoken little of on either forum.

4 Likes

Hi guys,
one or more of my Mytech 6355 hall sensors is toasted.
Got a spare pcb and sensors, what I need is an advice about the epoxy to be used to glue the pcb on the windings. Any advice?

while setting up a battery indicator do i select 10f or 10c
I have a 10s2p battery

Here you go @brown5tick

2 Likes