Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

I think this is the right place for this question, I am getting some downhill leathers. Please suggest brandzzzz

2 Likes

Btr leathers

2 Likes

Then it will match my gloves. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

well shoot, let me know once they are available then

1 Like

Still no one? I am guessing these are just to good then for longboards

Depending on which specific 80mm motors they are, it may be fairly easy to modify a 63mm mount to fit the motor, as long as the mount is long enough.

I don’t know where to find 80mm mounts. I bet if you send @Boardnamics a motor he could make a mount for it.

My 80mm motor has 56mm dia holes instead of the typical 40mm dia, yeah that would be an option but it’s not a quick, cheap one

Fast Cheap Good, you usually get to choose two of them.

If you want “Fast” and “Cheap” then you are almost always sacrificing “Good” and will get cheap china shit.

I’d suggest going for “Good” and “Cheap” – aka you make it yourself or modifiy one – or going for “Good” and “Fast” and paying someone to custom make one.

3 Likes

ain’t nobody got time for that shit!

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::laughing::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I have another 29Ah board being built now, so doesn’t matter how long it takes to charge :wink:

1 Like

Im gonna frit my board, how are y’all transporting these in the car, lets see some pics. Also how do you pick it up like a pizza?

1 Like

My mom is in australia right now. if you want some because they are significally cheaper in aus, i can get them for you and when she brings them back to france i will ship them to you free of tax and such if that suits you

3 Likes

Anyone available to jump in who isn’t a banned esk8 criminal?

4 Likes

hope i was helpful Bill. Funny thing is i know what works and what doesen’t not because i bought these products, but just from hours of research :shushing_face:

2 Likes

Yup, thanks for stepping in. A nice guy and appreciative for the help he got. I invited him over.

1 Like

is it super necessary to have a speed ring between the end nylon nut and the outer bearing? I feel like the inner race is raised enough that the nut never touches the rest of the bearing?

2 Likes

As long as the nut doesn’t touch the seal or the outer race it should be fine. I prefer using them if possible.

3 Likes

Measured the Evolve motor mount. I don’t have torque boards motor mount, so can’t say if they are compatible. Either way, torque boards own bumpers seems to be a better option.

2 Likes

can someone help me find wheel gears for this type of wheel

Those are Fivestar hubs.
Not many options for those hubs.
Here are the only options i found;

-@moon Gear drives

More info here

4 Likes