Apex Boards - UK Storefront

Hey!

So another update for you guys on what’s been going on at Apex. Firstly we have an awesome new website! The old site has gone and been replaced with a more responsive and better looking website, you can find it here

I know @rusins will be happy to see this as he has rightly mentioned that we needed to have a better URL before. Done it finally Raisins!

The old URL still works and will just forward you to our new website. This does mean that sadly your accounts on the old platform will be closed so if you need to pull any data out of it you have until the end of the month. We have some new cool stuff planned for the new site, one of which is our new blog. We will be sharing some cool stuff through this blog in the near future and we’re excited about the possibility for extra content this will bring.

we’ve got some premises.

Up until now we have been keeping stock at Lee’s house and working between us to get everything done, this has posed its own challenges and the recent release of the jump and chain drive has highlighted the need for a common working area even more.

A couple of months ago we took keys to this place and we’ve been using it to mostly store boxes up until now but we are going to be working on this space in the near future. Its a pretty big space with the same again upstairs, we’ve got lots of options for this space and a great flexible lease, it’s everything we have needed for so long.

Jump/Chain Drive orders

As those that have ordered already know, all existing orders for jump drives or Chain Drives have now shipped. Thank you to bearing with us on this whilst we waited for packaging and I hope that you see why we wanted to do this! The packaging is great and it means you will get your stuff in the best condition possible and it makes it easier for us to estimate shipping costs properly.

Meet the team

We have recently taken on another team rider, Adam Barton! he joins Beiran as we start to build up some sort of a team. We have also decided to officially create some brand ambassador roles with two amazing content creators who we are lucky enough to also have as customers. Welcome to Mark and also Jamie, both of these guys are fantastic content creators as well as personal friends and they were already unofficially representing us heavily so to keep some transparency we have bought them on officially as brand influencers. You can read more about the current team here…

That’s it for now, hope you are all enjoying your new drives for those that have received first and we will be back with more news soon

33 Likes

Jump drives are starting to arrive with customers:

Exciting times

10 Likes

16 Likes

Hey Apex team! Wanted to ask – do you guys have any plans of making a belt drive version of your push-fit wheel adapter? Could even be as simple as just offering MBS / trampa mounting holes to the other side of it so that people can bolt it to their own wheel pulleys of different sizes / tooth count.

I’m just brainstorming what the future of my travel build will be, because I really dig the idea of being able to quick-swap wheels if I get a flat, but I’m also leaning towards belts for ease of maintenance and sound…

Edit: Hmm, actually what’s the radius for the chain drive wheel sprocket bolts? Maybe I could just drill holes in an existing pulley of mine to make it work…

3 Likes

Hey.

We have actually have considered a belt version of the chain drive. Our original intention was that this would be possible, The chain drive mounts even have threads to support belt idlers. But we haven’t yet fully tested and validated a complete belt solution that were happy with.

With regards to the bolt spacing iirc we used a common standard spacing to allow the use of other pulleys but I’d have to double check the designs to know for sure. I’ll check this and upstate in a day or so.

But honestly (in my opinion) there’s not many reasons to go belts over jump drives. The chains fit a very specific need on off-road boards but for almost any other board the jump drive is a more compact, more reliable option than belts.

5 Likes

We know this probably isn’t going to be for you guys as you are all capable of building something like this but we just released the Predator+, a 4WD Electric Mountainboard. Check it out

We’ve also got some new sexy carbon fibre parts for sale, the first of which is these awesome MBS F5 Load spreaders in 3K Twill and Forged Carbon (Waiting on the forged to come in so they are not in stock right now)

We have our classic Anti sink plate now available in Forged Carbon as well as 3K Twill

And we have a new Anti Sink Plate design that goes nice with our new Hex deck

Apex Air Bulbar now available in Forged Carbon for that stealthy camo look

20 Likes

good stuff. biggest fear when doing maintenance is losing those little aluminium plates

2 Likes

Just a little update for you folks.
We’ve added DHL economy shipping to the store for Europe. Which means if you’re not in a rush you can get your stuff shipped by road now for cheaper than the amazing express (which is often next day)

Also as a bonus for you American folks. Because of our amazing government policies the exchange rate has plummeted….
It’s almost 1 pound to 1 dollar, so it’s never been cheaper to buy stuff from us. :partying_face:

At the time of writing this… Motors are $102
Jump Drives $375 etc etc
You get the picture.
The exchange rates are pretty volatile so by the time you read this the prices will have changed again…

13 Likes

… for the better no doubt.

Any chance of snail mail for carbon fiber sink plates / load spreaders? Wanted to grab some load spreaders but the shipping is pretty much as much as the plate itself to US

1 Like

Send us a message and we can make you a custom invoice. We have an inbuilt chat function on the website now

Guys, the value of the British pound has dropped like a rock against the US dollar and will most likely continue to lose value. Soon, the US dollar and British pound will be at parody $1=1 pound). Every currency is tanking against the US dollar. If you want to buy things from England and the rest of Europe, this is a good time

6 Likes

Why you gotta mentioned this :joy:

But I would need 2 pairs of jump drives and maybe motors :thinking:

3 Likes

If your getting the forge and waiting let’s bundle up :joy:

1 Like

That’s a good idea if you guys are local

i mean… 4wd…? maybe… 6wd crawler build with mix and match gear drives? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Today we started moving into our new premises. Well, when we say new we’ve had the space for about 6 months now! Up to now we’ve only been using it as storage. This is 1/3rd of the space and will be our main stock room and building area. We have the same size space above (podcast studio when?) and another big area out to the side.

23 Likes

Please do a podcast lol

2 Likes

I’d love an esk8 podcast with folks who know their shit! Especially if they have cool accents

4 Likes

Lol

1 Like