APEX AIR & PKP TUNING MEGATHREAD

If you have the correct tip angle then they’ll be great.
3 link and channels are made for completely different tip geometry from each other.

1 Like

So they’ll fit my 27 inches reeeeeeal clean than.

2 Likes

The tip angles look a little shallow?
Angled risers could help you out though.
I have a ChooChoo deck that may well end up with airs on at some point.

3 Likes

And what about Trampa Gear Drive? Its clamp and bash guard systems are great.

1 Like

Unfortunately I believe all their newer drive systems use a 19mm hanger profile so can’t be fitted without some serious modification to either drive or hanger. It is possible, I have seen airs with OBD, but it’s not an option we recommend.

2 Likes

I just slapped some 3ds gear drives on a set. But that’s going to depend on which production you got since they changed their hanger profile.

Out of the gate about a half turn down on medium and stiff setups they feel pretty good. Real carvy for me

5 Likes

So far they feel real carvy yet stable. I think having the added 5 degree wedge would help as well.

For such a boat of a deck that the flex is these make the board feel very nimble to me as far as how sharp you can make a turn/carve. This is coming from riding the riptide hypertruck bushings a week before

7 Likes

Love riding them with soft bushings. Makes the deck feel like it’s got flex, but it’s just the bushings. Very comfy ride!

3 Likes

What bushing setup have you got bud? Yeah the 5 degree wedges give you even more turn, you can print them yourself - the file is on our website!

2 Likes

Off the top of my head I don’t know the duros. It’s the medium setup from your intial setup and stiff in the back. I’ve got a rip tide kit in green and the dark red. Im sure I’ll be trying to dial it in with different shapes and duros to get a feel.

Right now seeing what I’m comfortable with the existing bushings to see if I need to swap out

3 Likes

Stiff is bloody stiff.

1 Like

What 3D Gear Drive did you say mounts up?

2 Likes

That’s going to depend on your hanger profile of gear drives. Both sets of my fb320 have the eco mini AT v2 that measured 22mm for my hanger. There is a production change where some are 24mm

2 Likes

Maybe it’s just me, but I can’t see the vid

1 Like

Prolly a format issue. Maybe you’re on Android?

To give you a basic description: the clip is smooth. The deck is responsive.

1 Like

No, its because people keep posting videos in the HEVC codec and chrome won’t even play it

4 Likes

Default in iOS then. Let me see if I can swap that. Or just link my Instagram since everything is usually there next time.

1 Like

Yeah it helps with recording the high resolution but at lower resolutions the standard is fine

Thanks for the information!

I just got my air truck today, mad fast shipping holy shit. As expected the axle is larger than I thought. Is there a way I could install a smaller axle, or should I just get some 10id(right?) bearings? I want to run it with street style wheels. If that doesn’t work its ok im actively transitioning to pneumies, i just wanna throw this thing on something already x)