Anyone with builds using Lishen batteries?

Ooh ok. How many amps are you pulling? Also how many do you have as regen when coming to a stop from 40mph?

2 Likes

Boosted it here

3 Likes

100 amps motor
40 amps battery
30 amps regen

Per channel

1 Like

Here is the log

2 Likes

Only sagging 3v with 80A? Damn

2 Likes

I think closer to 5 or 6
5p would be way better

1 Like

What do you think the sag would be at 100A @ 5p? About the same?

1 Like

Yeah about the same

1 Like

Oof I just realized you spent 27% battery on only 3.7km, that seems like a lot of drain for not much range. Whatā€™s causing you to eat 40wh/km?

I am literally gunning it almost the whole time, did you see the video? Also gearing is super low 1:2.2 not sure if that has anything to do with it. Hills

3 Likes

Iā€™m looking forwards to building my shortboard battery with these LA cells, got enough for a 10s4p, should easily get me way more range than I actually want to ride on a shortboard.

Iā€™m just worried for my own baord. I run 2.78 on GD with pneumies and that kind of consumption is kinda high imo (I usually get ~25wh/km in a hilly area). must be your gunning on the hills.

1 Like

Helical gears too, a bit more resistance

1 Like

Is it really that much of a difference? I was considering the ā€œupgradeā€ from straight cut to helical for less noise but if the rolling resistance is affected that much idk if itā€™s worth the swap.

Mine are also brand new, after some use they break in and it gets better. I would say for sure go for hellicals, they consume a bit more but In my experinace itā€™s been negligible

And itā€™s not that itā€™s less noise, yes itā€™s less noiseā€¦but it makes a super sweet note, they sound suuuuuper legit

2 Likes

Which brand?

They are 3Ds Urethane drives

Iā€™m using BNM1 drives

Iā€™ve never tried the helicals, had the straight cuts for a minute, not for me.

What didnā€™t you like with the BN ones?

2 Likes