Anyone with builds using Lishen batteries?

I just pulled the trigger on 60x Lishen cells. here’s to hoping they’re just like slightly worse P42As. now I just gotta figure out how to fit them into an eBoosted switchblade SS enclosure.

1 Like

Depends on which Lishen, there are four different 21700’s available now. :slightly_smiling_face:

I grabbed the LR2170LA at USD$4.75/cell and it only cost $30 to ship, I’m expecting some stupid fees at the border though.

1 Like

Not a big difference between these and the P42A in testing (a few percent less delivered-Wh with the Lishen) but really looking forward to seeing what you think of them! We need multiple sources for high performance packs and it would be great if these were one of them.

2 Likes

I’ll be assembling a 12s5p pack with intentions to draw 100A max current from the pack. What would you recommend as a minimum voltage cutoff for these cells?

That all depends on your priorities…

Do you want max cell life?
Or…
Do you want max running time (range)?
Or…
Do you want a compromise between these?

I’m halfway between compromise and range. I’m not mad if the pack performs amazing for a year or two but then I need to make a new one.

I am running the higher discharge cells in a test build right now 12s4p 140 battery amps. I got roughly 10 miles out of the battery down to 3.4v per cell. The sag is quite high, but I am pushing these beyond their ability in my opinion. Just want to see how they handle it. At 100amps and 5p they will perform much better

1 Like

I would have no issues taking them down to 2.8V myself. They’ll easily bounce back up to at least a 3.2V true resting voltage once you stop.

2 Likes

You and me both got em, too bad you missed the 3.99 black friday deal though! I got 41 of them for 3.99 each and $18 shipping to cali

They’re going in a shortboard for me so high discharge isn’t the #1 focus, I think they’ll serve me very well and give me more range than I need

2 Likes

Well I finally got the build done using theses batteries in a 12s4p configuration, quite pleased with the performance of the battery.

I was able to get 33ks at 17.8wh avarage per kilometre on a 91% charged battery (I was to impatient to let it charge the last 9 %)

Was riding on 6” pneumatics, generally flat but a few hills here and there.

I’m 115kg so really quite impressed.

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback!
Which Lishen’s did you use?

Lishen LR2170LA

2 Likes

They are the ones I pulled out of the Ecomobl ET2

1 Like

Thanks, I didn’t want to assume. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

All good

1 Like

My LR2170LA cells came in today.

Gonna run them all through the bay charger to make sure they’re all good, as I forgot to order extras.

This board is 12s4p Lishen LR2170LA

4 Likes

What’s that sound at 3:07?

1 Like

Speeding by some people doing road work, I think a jack hammer

1 Like