Anyone with builds using Lishen batteries?

You could probably get away with flipsky 6355’s

I wouldn’t buy from ecomobl again if they blatantly lied about their packs. I have never used Lishen personally but they are sold by my reputable supplier.

1 Like

The overall weight will be nearly half the weight of the ET2, plus the better internals should improve performance easily.

2 Likes

I will never buy one of their products ever again, they tried denying everything at first also, I had to prove to them (even though they knew I was right) they had given me the wrong cells that I had paid for.

This topic is not ago at Lishen at all, it just so happens to be the brand they changed the original cells too, it was more to ask if anyone had used them before for an esk8 battery build.

I just gave my backstory.

Since it’s listed in that image as a 9.6A cell it should reach over 60°C at that rate when discharged continuously down to 2.5V, perhaps 65°C. Maybe 55°C-60°C at around 3V.

How hot did your test cell get? 55°C-60°C is too hot to hold in a closed fist (with wrap on) and much too hot to hold if the wrap was off for your tests.

1 Like

Like too hot to finger. Fisting is out of the question. ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°

Seriously, I’ve set the cutoff to just 2.8V. Right after a continuous 7A I can barely hold em with my fingers. I terminated the 8A test halfway cuz the cell got hotter than the end of 7A.

4 Likes

Sooo what you’re saying is it’s a 5A cell lol

Definitely sounds like something is up. :slightly_smiling_face:
What’s the model number for them? I don’t recognize anything on the wrap as a Lishen model number.

NVM…18650BatteryStore has them…Lishen LR2170SD.
Lishen’s ratings have always been accurate IMO.

Where did you buy yours? The datasheet does list them as a 9.6A cell but that 25A “Manufacturer Pulse Discharge Current” is a lie. There is no pulse rating. The pack design recommendations mention a 15A cutoff for the BMS so that could be considered the non-continuous rating, temperature-limited to below 70°C.

Do you have any way to measure temperature? Or do you have another model 10A-rated cell to compare the temp of the Lishen against?

7 Likes

Man it’s nice to have you around John. I can’t say it enough.

4 Likes

pretty much the same cells.
Got mine from a local online selling platform. Around an equivalent of 3$ per cell. But it’s hard to imagine someone out there faking those cells. I mean lishen isn’t famous enough to be worthy of piracy imo.

There’s no redundant serial number either. Also the capacity coincides with the manufacturer’s specs.

Btw that LDTSL has same current ratings and price but only with 4800mAh capacity. Dunno it’s true manufacturer but they’re sold as tesla cells.
It performed pretty much as bad as the lishen.

Unfortunately I dun have any thermo right now. As substitute, could take note of my cat’s reactions when I touch his nose on the cells being tested…

1 Like

A low price for any cell is a really, really bad sign and a huge reason to avoid buying them. There is a huge demand for any round cells and there is no good reason to sell them at a low price. Low prices usually mean those are cells only worth a low price. You never get a cell you haven’t paid for.

Any cell can be faked and probably has. Millions of Lishen cells are sold every year and in Asia they are a lot more popular.

If I was a counterfeiter cells like those would be the ones I faked. They’re not sold as much in the US and EU, where there are a lot more people testing cells, and even a few cents per cell profit makes my batch of 100,000 fake cells worth the weekend I spent wrapping and selling them. Everyone looks at their Molicels and Muratas, looking to see if they are fake. No one checks Lishens.

But your cells have the correct triangular top contact so they could be genuine. But without being able to measure temperature and compare them to a known genuine SD cell we can’t know if they’re genuine or not. The differing serial numbers and top contact are good signs they are genuine though.

There’s always a chance that they are old stock, stored badly, and have lost some of their performance.

But, in the end that doesn’t matter. If whatever cells you have don’t perform as well as you want it doesn’t matter if they’re fake or not. :slightly_smiling_face:

If your cat is properly calibrated then go for it. I suspect you’ll be limited to only one or two temp tests a week though, depending on how fast the healing goes.

5 Likes

The wraps at the top of those cells are not tight. Was that from things you were doing to the cells or did they arrive that way?

If you got them like that then those cells are very suspect. Check if the top ring insulator is glued on or not.

3 Likes

They’re wrapped adequately.
The three on the left are still virgins. The two on the right were in-and-out of the charger several times for testing.

not glued

Honestly they are the perfect cells for me. They’re high capacity and cheap. I’m just building it big to compensate for the low C rating.

1 Like

Whoa…your charger is a real cell abuser! :joy:

4 Likes

Wait…why did you say they are shite then? :thinking:
I missed something.

1 Like

membranes get torn when it’s too tight.

I aint salty about the cells I received. I expected em to perform that way even before the purchase… with the slight hope that they might be a bit better.
Just tryin to imply that lishen is just as bad as most other chinese cells. Didn’t sound that way tho looking back at my previous posts.

2 Likes

Everything seems good so far :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I will hopefully have my build finished within the next week or so.

What’s the rest of your build?

I rarely get to build for myself anymore :joy: this is going on a customers falcon.

1 Like

Ahh,

This is my first build. I’ve gone 12s4p with these cells.

Similar spec to a 40T so hopefully some good performance from them.

Just waiting for trucks and bms, hopefully will be here by the 8th.