Anyone still using a 10S setup?

clearly you have failed.

Is focing box of unit switch less likely to die on 10S or random?

If I had to choose a 10s or 12s pack, I choose the one with largest total number of cells.

If max wattage is limited in vesc settings and top speed is same with gearing, then the pack with the most cells will see the least amount of stress per cell and thus will last longer.

10s5p > 12s4p or 12s4p >10s4p

9 Likes

you could weight the less cells/size and top speed boost as a reason to go 12S4P also, but 21700 is where it is at there.

745 watt hours is nothing to sneeze at for sure, and that’s one of the simplest cell arrangements to build there is.

1 Like

One more thing, I don’t have any hard data but I’m convinced larger p count makes the pack have more stable balance between the P’s.

The more cells in parallel the more they average each other out which results in more balanced pack overall. Which should extend the life of the pack.

Shit I almost convinced myself 10s is better.

I will probably keep using 12s though because I don’t want to buy more chargers and BMS’s

3 Likes

likely because they’re drawing less from each cell and have less to balance, and drawing less from a cell is always better for longevity anyway.

2 Likes

Agreed. Given battery space constraints, often the extra cell in each P-group is the winning choice on smaller packs. @BenjaminF just did a tidy/tiny 10S4P for a DRI client custom build, because 12S3P was the lesser choice.

With that said, anything 5p+ goes 12S for me personally, at that point I’d rather have the higher power ceiling with a heavier/larger board.

Benjamin is building an absolute tank for me at the moment. 12S11p w/ tesla model3 cells. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

my favorite pack to build!

3 Likes

You’d have hated this layout.

It was the 121C Aileron build.

Luckily that was Benji’s problem, not mine :joy:

3 Likes

That’s a multi layer trap stack pattern, right?. I have four ailerons in here with ArcBoard enclosures. They used to do a 9S2P in those stock. Weirdest little blob pack ever.

2 Likes

40cells in aileron? damn :fearful:

3 Likes

@BenjaminF does some mighty fine work. :wink:

(wrong label, he’s still a notorious drug user so each label is a victory)

11 Likes

That’s why im excited when he can ship intl whenever that’s happening, need those awesome battery :drooling_face: :drooling_face:

1 Like

Oh yeah. I’m bouncing with excitement because my battery is on his bench next:

Not having to build my own packs = best thing ever. I needed a break & Benji has steadier hands and far more patience. :joy:

3 Likes

Holy damn, that 12s BMS looks tiny in that enclosure :eyes:

3 Likes

She’s a big lady.

4 Likes

Im so hard rn

2 Likes

It was fucking hell

The salvia makes the batteries x3 more powerful.

Same

6 Likes

This post was superhelpful i wonder if that data could be possible to aquire for hubs.

Very Curious if the combo of .

1650W Hubx2 + Unity vs Stormcore 60D + 10s4P or 12s4P or 10s5P will come out as the winner.

Im assuming combo of 3phase shunt on stormcore + the 12s would be king.

Hard to compare torqe belt conversations to hubs which are already torquey af.