Anyone still using a 10S setup?

What kinda of mother ship deck is that enclosure for?

I plead the fifth?

I use 10S because its cheaper :stuck_out_tongue:
also, my board is wayyyyy faster than I need, and I see no need for a higher voltage.

2 Likes

Personally I’m running 12S on both my boards. My DIY is a 12s4p 30Q, and my daily driver is a backfire zealot, which has a 12s2p 21700 battery. There are still reasons to use 10S, such as if you’re on VESC 4 hardware or if you just don’t need/want to go super quick or have a lot of torque. Most VESC 4s will be more reliable on 10S than 12S.

1 Like

zealot doesn’t have 40t battery in it, unless u changed it to the g3 plus battery

Oh shit, I could’ve sworn it did. I guess I just saw 21700 and stupidly assumed it was 40t cells. My bad

To put it in to context a good few years ago the VESC 4.xx had components that couldn’t take more than 50v (there was a few that could)

Motors use to be 50mm higher KV now we use 63mm started at 230kv few years ago that dropped so 190kv and now170kv as you know with lower KV we can increase the voltage with out increasing RPM.

We use to have a erpm limit on the 4.xx VESC 60k/80k

We ran 80-95mm wheels that restricted wheel pullys to 36 teeth max

8mm moto shaft take a minimum of 12 tooth (tho this is a little to small diameter for 5m belts and adds more were and tear/ slippage). So most people ran 14-15 tooth pullys

With all this in mined going over 10s just made your system unbalanced.

ERPM limit are mutch higher with VESC 6
Wheels are up to 120mm alowing bigger pulleys
Motors have lower KV

I’v moved over to 12s

2 main reasons to keep useing 10s

1. Have 10s components to re use
  2. Restricted space

I still have a 10s3p comuter build on a little short 32” tayto deck

5 Likes