All-terrain E-freeboard

Dropping the useless spherical bearing and made a simple base plate design instead with straight walls.

4 Likes

Thanx for the heads up! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This is a good oppertunity to design a nice bearing block :ok_hand:

1 Like

In the process of designing a enclosure to use on top of the 87cm freebord deck. Maximum I can/ want to use is about 400x210x40mm… I’ve done my homework but I’m still a NOOB in esk8 electronics. This week the stormcore I’ve ordered is comming. Then gonna fit it in the printed enclosure and check how much space is left for the battery… I’m hoping for a 12sP3 P42a molicel but I’ll settle with 12SP2 if this doesn’t fit.

2 Likes

I was kinda thinking if you want to jerry rig these super cheap “KFL007” bearing blocks yes glue could work but I would sandwich some plates top and bottom of the bearing outer race, or maybe just bolts and washers on the two sides could affix it well enough. The forces on my middle suspension castor designs are a lot lower than using it for two powered castor classic designs, just saying.

Funny because either way if you go 2P you will be happy you have a lightweight board, or it you go 3P you will be happy with the long range/power. Gotta love those kinds of tradeoffs.

2 Likes

Not going back to bad bearing land. Making the easiest bearing base that I could think of, 60x60x15 mm aluminum with a 13 mm, 55 ODM and 30 ID ball bearing. With this one I also gain a few mm for the height ;D

2 Likes

With room for bolts.

2 Likes

The lower the better! :muscle::sunglasses:

Bigwheel vs small wheel

5 Likes

That looks really awesome, the 5X big wheel setup!

Yeah really cool! It needs some correction for the rocker… printing 2,5 cm riserpads for under the 5x trucks as we speak.

2 Likes

I was wondering on how you plan to make the bearing block? Do you have a cnc to use or do you print it first with a 3d printer and order it in aluminium later?

2 Likes

Yes, I have my own small CNC machine to make the bearing block. It makes prototyping a lot faster then to wait for a CNC shop to make it for you.

1 Like

That’s super! :ok_hand:I’m waiting for weeks on my parts.

1 Like

Always nice to be able to change the first design ;D

2 Likes

But sometimes I use paper and tape.

7 Likes

Two baseplates fresh from the CNC.

4 Likes

Is your pivot bearing going to be constrained with a screw overtop? plate/printed part maybe?

not sure the press fit you did but the wood deck would support the bearing fine enough that direction.

1 Like

I made a 2mm edge on the bottom of the baseplate for support.

Here’s also a link to the .step file.

1 Like

I might go with a Pelicase and put some Lipos and a small ESC inside in true DIY spirit. But then I will miss the opportunity to designing my own enclosure and I probably don’t want to miss that :smiley:

5 Likes