1 Like

Benjamin ported it. Iā€™m not coding.

1 Like

iphone love?

1 Like

No yet

throws it on the ground

Hereā€™s an update for the ground.

Iā€™m not part of your system. Iā€™m an aduuuuuuult.

8 Likes

Actually, ATM is still my port LOL, jokes aside, it needs to be well tested.

Iā€™m gonna add it to the change log but, we now have a official vesc_tool for macOS

Updated today via app on my dual Focboxes. 8 miles in. So far so good!

Will do it shortly on the Flipsky 4.20s

Screenshot_20190703-195620|243x500

1 Like

Iā€™m pleased to announce that the PR has been merged! Tested this morning, works pretty well!

9 Likes

Iā€™ve updated to the FW 1.14 yesterday but the reverse limitation didnā€™t work thoā€¦
Board still goes full speed reverse even after setting it at 4k erpm :frowning:

1 Like

Il double check tomorrow morning and fix it.

2 Likes

Use the profiles to limit speeds.

Thanks mate, the profile method works :smile:

But is that how it suppose to be done or there was some error in the coding that cost the settings to not stick?

After my holidays.

In general you should use the profiles. Easy, precise and switchable with one click.

Hey guys I just tried to update my Firmware over the VESC Tool App.

I connected and selected CAN Activation. The upload seemed to go well but I was not able to load my old parameters even though I saved them in a Current Profile before.

Any hints on how to do this properly ?
I ended up opening the case and then connecting each vesc separately via USB to send the parameters again.

1 Like

@Trampa

I just want to share my thoughts once again on the tool, now we have had an update.

1-Loving the motor configuration wizard over BT, fantastic.
2-FOC is now FOC on V4 HW and not BLDC - good work.
3-Battery Voltage, capacity and wheels size during the wizard still doesnā€™t do the other VESC over CAN
4-The Battery current specs it gives you are still outrageous, this needs to be looked at.
5-The Telemetry data logging doesnā€™t have any headers and is therefore unreadable

But the most annoying thingā€¦

When my app updates from the store (automatically) Why am I forced to do a firmware flash and then redo motor config wizards just to be able to see RT data? I want to be able to control when I do updates. Get all the gear on, helmet, knee pads gloves, board on, remote on, get app going and no you cant get any RT data cos the app has updated. You have to do a FW flash and redo detection - not cool!

6 Likes

I am still getting very strange values from the wizard, this is my experience from trying the latest tool yesterday.

These issues have to be resolved before I use the VESC-Tool again, much less encourage anyone else to use it. I think the latest round of updates have been a step backwards.

1 Like

I have no issues with the tool itself, it works well. I just think there are some small things that need sorting out and then Iā€™m fully on board. Iā€™m a WAND pre-orderer and this has me worried.

1 Like