How to: Ackmaniac ESC Tool

Hi!

As promised I’ve updated the vesc tool, and the FW. Vedder/@trampa, seems eager to accept my PR!
I’ve built a macOS binary here: https://github.com/DAddYE/vesc_tool/releases/tag/1.14-beta
However please note that I haven’t tested it yet since I’m on UART.
Rember to update the firmware as well, so it can understand the new control type.

Here some screens:

If you test it, please let me know how it works.

Thanks!

Edit: yeah, I’ve to fix the description, and I’m looking for a better name :smiley:

10 Likes

That was very cool of you and I want you to know that I personally appreciate you putting in the time to do this.

I will test it this weekend and let you now the result.

3 Likes

I could, but instead I just fixed my screw up :slight_smile: . @Dareno pointed it out and I got it taken care of the next day. Somehow I missed your message until just now.

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: All new 2019 vesc-tool

Regarding the Ackmaniac Android app, what can it do that the xmatic app for iOS can’t?

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: All new 2019 vesc-tool

This may be of topic, but I haven’t found an answer on the other forum or in my googling. I can’t seem to get my bluetooth module to send data to the ackmaniac android app. When I start the app the bluetooth module is recognized and I give the board a name. However, once it’s connected, no data streams from the board to the app. I’ve also tried setting up the TCP connection to the ackmaniac app to no avail. My procedure for this has been:

1. Connect master vesc to computer and read firmware
  2. Go to connections > TCP in the desktop app
  3. In the android app click ? > Start TCP connection
  4. Enter the IP and port in the desktop app and click connect

At this point the desktop app says that it is connected to the vesc via the IP and Port, but the app on the phone never acknowledges the connection. If I click away from the TCP connection modal in the phone app, the desktop app still says it’s connected, but none of the actions (mode setup, check faults) work. I get the ESC not connected toast message.

I’ve tried disconnecting and reconnecting to the WIFI (both phone and PC)

I’m using the flipsky fsesc 6.6, the flipsky hm-10 module which is connected to the master vesc. My phone is a samsung note 8 running android 9.

Any ideas?

2 Likes

@mmaner

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the FlipSky module is NRF correct? If so, it won’t work with the Ackimaniac firmware. You will need to get a true HM-10 module, @BuildKitBoards sells them.

If it is a true HM-10 module, make sure you set the control mode to PPM + UART on the master VESC and the baud rate to 9600bps.

Ah I think this is probably the issue then. Thanks! I’ll check out the build kit boards module.

1 Like

Hi great wizzards, I’m currently trying to set up my remote. But I can’t get it closer to the middle than -10%

1 Like

You MIN is nothing. Looks like a remote issue. What remote and is it in full power mode?

It’s just some remote from AliExpress, the picture from before is when it’s at neutral.

You should rotate a small white thingie (TH.TRIM) counter clockwise all the way. Then recalibrate :nerd_face:

1 Like

When I finish the setup, my motor just spins randomly, and my remote does nothing

It should looks something like this…

Should I play around with pulse length start and stuff ?

no, just follow the instructions. run the trigger to max throttle, then to neutral, then to max brake. Do this 3 or 4 times

Nothing happens when I do that, Max and min fluctuate a bit. Pulse length doesn’t change