All new 2019 vesc-tool

What FW have you been one?

The firmware I was on was the previous latest version? Updated 3 weeks ago?

Will be looked into! @Deodand and Vedder probably have an idea what could have gone wrong. I think a resolve is close.

I will open a new thread soon, dedicated to VESC Tool 2.0.

2 Likes

Latest info from Benjamin:

• backup configuration
  • do the FW update, wait 10 seconds
  • disconnect from VESC-Tool
  • re-connect to VESC-Tool
  • restore configuration

The disconnect and reconnect procedure will be sorted in he next version.
It is a small inconvenience in this version.

3 Likes

So from the situation I’m in now. I should just try to restore configuration now and it should work? (Having been disconnected over night.)

I would do the FW update again and follow the procedure. If that fails, do the wizard again.

1 Like

I will update progress when I get back home.

Same result sadly. Smart reverse works when I slam fully into reverse but still has the same juddering forward motion if I slowly move the trigger into reverse.

1 Like

You’re talking about the smart reverse in PPM right?

I’m not sure if they changed anything but I have been using smart reverse since it was introduced a few version ago, for me the reverse function only works when I am all the way in the braking throttle :thinking:

If I pull the brake slightly like until 95%, it will still just apply brakes and won’t reverse at all…

Hope what mention make sense :slight_smile:

No, UART with wand.

Here you go Frank.
I’ll do a full detection again and sure it’ll be fine but just a heads up that in this case just restoring the settings did not work.

4 Likes

For smart reverse please use full brakes. Please do a full new detection and this will then be your last detection for a long time. Vesc-Tool 2.01 will fix the issue you described.

1 Like

@Trampa have you seen this possible firmware issue.

Noticed the same issue on mine last night.

1 Like

This happens happens in current hyst reverse too. So not just smart reverse issue. At standstill the brakes jitter.

FYI, next version of VT will support FW down to v3.55.
Supporting older version will not be possible in the actual state. Some more modifications have to be done by Ben (conf and app signature have changed between 3.54 and 3.55).

3 Likes

Does VESC Tool 2.0 support Bluetooth on Windows? I have only had success with unofficial builds in the past (I can’t find the link to this discussion).

No, it doesn’t. Official VESC Tool is built with MinGW toolchain which does not provide BLE backend.

4 Likes

Ah yes… I remember seeing you build with Microsoft’s compiler back on the old forum. Looks like I have a project for this week.

1 Like

Direct Bluetooth won’t work, but using the TCP link function to connect to the laptop does work :+1:

Just both the phone and laptop needs to be on the same WiFi network :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes