All new 2019 vesc-tool

You can log all data. Scroll right to Developer. Enable RT data logging. The file the App generates can be opened in VESC Tool under Log Analysis.

2 Likes

The log analysis is a great tool to analyze every single part of a ride afterwards like here jumping in dirt park

According Vesc-Tool app:

:point_up: :point_up: :point_up:

A shown max value in a smaller digit would be so nice. The Vesc-Tool app looks better but Ackmaniac had all values (realtime and total max) on one page. Too bad the app didnā€™t work 95% of the time.

I would like to see the certain total max values after or within a ride on the phone (or Wand :wink:). IMO this is a totally different purpose compared to the in-depth data logging.

I guess the plan was to make it simple for noobs and not for freaks like us :sweat_smile:

Profile settings like this would be great
Motor amps
Batt amps
PPM mode
Vesc Remote mode (if they would exist)

BTW Frank on HW4.12 the smart reverse is not working in the ā€œCurrent Hyst Reverse With Brakeā€ mode (FW3.62). On Vesc6 I canā€™t test it because of the Wand (only ā€œCurrent modeā€ :cry:)

Also I would love to know how the ā€œCurrent Hyst Reverse With Brake modeā€ should originally be. After hitting the brake the second time should it accelerate in reverse like forward or with a ramp up time (like smart reverse)?

4 Likes

Thx for the input. Hysteresis reverse is different to smart reverse. It is more like switching direction from forward to reverse. Smart reverse has that ramp up. Wand modes are coming btw.
Profiles can have pretty much any value, itā€™s meant to be simple though. Maybe an advanced profile will be good. Ad Profile or Ad Advanced Profile optionā€¦ some complain that VESC Tool is overloaded, others like more options.

4 Likes

Profiles affect Motor and Batt amps directly. If you depower, you reduce the Amps by x %.

1 Like

In Benā€™s recent video a week ago or so he said the big update was coming in a few days. Any update on that?

2 Likes

Thanks for the info, so exactly how I love and use it on HW4.12. As mentioned earlier in this thread with Vesc6 there is a certain ramp up time on hysteresis reverse (feels almost similar to smart reverse), but that was with FW3.58, maybe thatā€™s different now.

That would be awesome :grin:

It would be also great to have an option in the future to change settings like motor amps for all (v)escs connected to CAN bus. Like with the FW upload, it is so convenient to upload all at once, that was a great improvement.

So letā€™s say 120A motor and 80A batt amps as original setting.
A profile with 50% is then equal to 60A motor and 40A batt amps?

1 Like

You would only reduce the motor amps. Ideally Batt amps and motor amps match anyways. So profiles affect motor amps only.

1 Like

I donā€™t see a need to reduce battery amps in profiles.
This setting is there to protect the battery which is a constant, it is the motors that require the power from the battery not the battery that pushes it to the motors.

1 Like

Yeah weā€™re were spoiled with data in ackmaniac app when it worked. Now is bunch of zeroes lol. @Trampa this data is good when i inevitably end up in a coffee shop during group rides when everybody needs to charge, itā€™s a good conversation piece, I will need to start bringing my laptop now I guess.

Also in profiles would like to see the normal bat/motor max settings like rich said. Even more so I would like to see ppm to switch to current no reverse with brake. Because now, without fail when I lend my board to someone they launch it into reverse. (Profiles reverse 0mph, doesnā€™t have brakes going in reverse)

1 Like

Your simple statistics are currently displayed in the RT Data page, below the analogue displays. The motor and batt amps can already be changed in the profiles using %. Switching to a different mode is done in the app section.

1 Like

The new 2.00 app is up guys!
Firmware is still at 3.66 tho :+1:

2 Likes

Today is an important day for the community.

7 Likes

How so?

P.s. lol i see what you did there :laughing:

Iā€™ve updated the mobile tool to the new all singing all dancing 2.0.
Iā€™d like to share an experience that Iā€™ve had.
In orderā€¦

I updated the mobile tool.
Connected to the dongle.
Saved my motor settings in the mobile tool.
Updated the esc firmwares (2 x focboxes connected over can)
Loaded the esc settings back to the focboxes from the mobile tool.

All seemed groovy until I gingerly tried smart reverse, instead of slowly silently switching to a very slow reverseā€¦ It moved forward horribly noisily as if there had been no motor detection?
Now if I slam it into reverse it does it without complaining.
I would imagine the resolution would be to do the motor setup again, but that kinda defeats the object, no?

6 Likes

Jeff and Ben getting bunk beds? :wink::kissing_heart:

2 Likes

No. Frank just was celebrating Jason day.
Never thought they were so good friends, but hey :man_shrugging: Why not :joy:

3 Likes

Separate rooms and tons of good food!

2 Likes

Try to do detection again. After that it should work.

Ā 

2 Likes

I think thatā€™ll work too, but this is kind of a bug report if you like?

1 Like