Akadi ultra light mini cruiser | Blitzart 36" | 9" Caliber | 76mm Akasha | 10s1p 40T | FS 4.12 | 5065

I was thinking that too, I’ll have all 10 cells in a line and all the electronics on the top. Alternatively I’ll stack all the electronics and have a DS battery

1 Like

Wait that’s not possible, the battery would be 210mm end to end in the first configuration and it’s 190mm from mount to truck

Will they fit in two rows of 5 with the vesc sideways?

Did the compression pack get scrapped?

I can do 2 sideways rows of 5 but the wires are a bit nasty, I’ll still use a compression pack as it’s not worth the extra $40 to have someone else assemble it although the design might change

We got new wheels boys! Ahmyo free ride Akashas on Zealous steel bearings…it’s so cute

10 Likes

Turns out I’m an idiot and bought the wrong shock pads…wanted 1/16 and purchased 1/4 because I can’t fucking read

2 Likes

Those wheels are lovely. What core? Abec?

I believe there kegel.

1 Like

Perfect then. Small core lots of thane. I’m using centrax on my cruiser. hint…

3 Likes

They are hella wide though, doesn’t leave much room for pulleys

1 Like

centralised core then? That little build needs machs. See @moon

Actually knowing you you are camped out in his inbox

2 Likes

Lol not enough room in the budget for Mach 1 pulley fuckery on this… getting dangerously close to $500 already. Moon gets a bit of peace for the time being :grin:

And yup! Center set kegel core on these

1 Like

I’m really looking forward to building mine out. Should be in a couple of weeks. I bet mines lighter than yours at 34 long. Dual too. I’ll bet you my collection of @Brenternet nudes that it is.

I too shall look forward to seeing it…dual hummieee drive?

1 Like

I never said that…:sunglasses:

2 Likes

It’s just been sitting under my bed for a long time but I recently got some progress in on the Akadi.

• Fixed power transfer: the wheel pulley and motor mount didn’t fit at all when I got them, but after a long time with an arbor press and manually lathing a concave radius into the pulley, it fits perfectly. A small gap between the mount and pulley, and the pulley sits perfectly flush with the wheel.
  • Wired ESC to motor: I replaced the stock connectors on both to use a MT30 phase connector and XT60 power connector, and all the sensor wires are fixed. No temp but all the hall sensors are good and the wire lengths match perfectly. I put a lot of effort to make them neat but I might have to cut them all shorter again later.
  • Ran configs: I toyed with the VESC tool and Bluetooth module, now I can rev up the motor and get the data sent to my phone. I’m really liking the TB Nano remote and Xmatic iOS display so far. Supposedly the motors are capped at 31A because of a 60 milli-ohm resistance, which is annoyingly high.

I’m still waiting on the BMS, motor pulley, and belt from dickyho but supposedly they are in the next big city near me, should only be a couple days before I have those. Once I get the BMS in hand and wired to the ESC, I can design the enclosure for it all, it’s really hurting for space at the moment but it should be possible to fit cleanly

Testing with the shit pack that doesn’t charge past 80% and has more voltage sag than voltage range

3 Likes

The finest tolerances known to man, I used an arbor press to get the mount on so this is the most space I get…less than 0.5mm total between pulley/mount, belt/pulley, wheel/belt

8 Likes

Took a 1.6mi test run, this thing is fucking amazing! I’m looking at 24 miles of range and it’s literally 10 pounds! It’s a bit uncomfortable under the feet at speed because bricks, but it’s seriously not bad! The power is also more than I can stand with a single 5065 because it’s so small, but even then it’s got more kick than my dual hub board

5 Likes

sick dude. How they hell are you getting 24mi out of a 10s1p??

1 Like