Addressing the Achilles Heel - Meet the Improved BKB Xenith V2 šŸšØ

You still due a delivery this week?
Iā€™ve emailed Jared about a replacement just waiting on a reply.

yeah we also have them in stock bro so if Jared says ok I can ship you one tomorrow

1 Like

Nice,that would be quicker to get me set back up,I can get this one straight back in the post to him.
Iā€™ll tag him here and also just mention this in an email,cheers Lee :facepunch:
@BuildKitBoards

My og unit just stopped powering on :tired_face:

I shorted MOM pins but its just buzzing now.

1 Like

How many power cycles would you say it lasted? Iā€™m worried about getting stranded when mine breaks

1 Like

sheesh idk wish I had some kind of robot keeping track for me. 50 maybe?

I know it was only 14 days past 100

1 Like

Having a hard time finding the switch repair instructions, can someone link them?

What mobile apps work well with the Xenith and FW23.46? Vesc tool mobile wantā€™s to update the firmware to connect but I sure as shit donā€™t want to.

Desktop app works but has been flakey not applying new configs (only get read ability).

The official focbox unity app? android only.

1 Like

Yep thatā€™s still there and works. Same issue though, can read settings but wonā€™t apply.

1 Like

Do you have a uart remote plugged in? Wasnā€™t there an issue with that? (not with bkb but rather the Fw i think)

Maybe that is the issue, just switched to a VX2 and disabled PPM in the app.

Try this: turn off the vesc, unplug the remote, turn on vesc, then try to apply settings again.

Heh, I can just see this:

Student takes 2 months of motor theory classes. Is able to calculate copper density, kv, windings, winding thickness, saturation, torque, phase theory, etc, by HAND on an exam. Excited for the project! the REAL thing!
-clicks auto detect-

Thatā€™s it?!?!?!

5 Likes

Howā€™d it go?

Someone pls help me fix ma VESC

Potter told me to put an XT90-s on it. I donā€™t think itā€™s gonna help.

2 Likes

Took the mini out today with the VX2. Much more manageable power with this remote, so I might keep the settings. Iā€™ll open it in a few days after riding some more. Lost a hub screw on the first ride because the China factory only threadlocked one side.

The problem happened right after I switched to the VX2. Couldnā€™t update settings. Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s the culprit but I really donā€™t want to open this board every time I need to tone it down for someone else. I need speed profiles in a working Android app

2 Likes

It is sad that they told about that issue without specifying exactly what is wrong with the circuit. I will put my build probably this month and we will see how fast it will break.

They only mentioned that there is an issue with switch circuit. I will probably manage diagnose it and repair it but it is most likely blown LM5060 (I was wrong in my previous post).

You can replace it and Xenith should work again but it wonā€™t solve the issue it might break again. I cannot find any schematics for Unity so that will make things harder but whatā€™s important is thinking outside the box.

I looked at that issue, to be more precise, at images posed with blown up LM5060 and we can see that something burned/shorted at Supply voltage input side. Without any checking first what comes to my mind is to put TVS diode to protect LM5060 from overload but this is just a wild guess.

I think that this issue occurred only for people with 12S batteries.

As I mentioned before we can think outside of the box. They already fixed the issue in V2. Can someone take a picture around that area (high quality) so we can se what changed ?

2 Likes

These quite literally do nothing. The switch has never failed when plugging the battery in (if it has, it is an insignificant amount).

4 Likes

yeah only thing I changed is I hooked up a UART device, also I would add that my unit shut off while riding. When I tried to power it on I found it could no longer. I even have it on video.

Really looking forward to getting a clue on what to do about this, I was able to repair some 1.7 focbox so I hope I can fix this one too.

1 Like