Xenith V2 No power

So mine died on the bench, right after switching motor direction unloaded. Conked out, won’t turn back on at all. Antispark doesn’t do anything

I tried just plugging it right in, nothing happened. I can’t see anything wrong with it either, so I’m kinda stumped.

2 Likes

Yours looks fixable. Lm5060 chip looks toasted. All you need is a solder iron/hot air station and some patience to get that thing running again.

1 Like

If you don’t like the idea of trying to fix it, I would buy it for spare parts.

Zoom in here. image|615x500

@MartinSp might be able to help troubleshoot your issue.

1 Like

Oh perfect I didn’t see that the first time. I think I could fix it - I don’t know what kind of coating is all over this though, kind of looks like conformal?

Should I just look on digikey for lm5060? Any idea what that chip is?

1 Like

Antispark chip. You can replace it. Search Forum xenith Achilles heel. I prefer the xt90 loop key fix, as it seems the chip replacement may not last that long.

1 Like

I searched the whole thread and this is really the only useful thing I found, nothing on a link to it or how to actually go about doing it

Also - what would be the circuitry bypass? For me it seems much easier to short the antispark to always on and just use a loop key

1 Like

There are a bunch of threads on the antispark chip. The reason I had you read that thread was to show you it’s a known issue that can be fixed. I’ve never replaced a lm5060, I removed it. Along with the 4 little transistors above the caps. You also have to remove the 4 fets nearest to the power leads. Then you bridge all the pads. Let me look for some pics for you

1 Like

1 Like

Ah perfect thanks for the help, sometimes it can be really annoying to actually find solutions in threads.

Sounds decently easy. I might try it out

Yeah let me know how it goes! My unity for as long as I could remember, it would cut out momentarily after riding over a large bump or crack in sidewalk. Until one day, it cut out and wouldn’t turn on mid shred. After doing this mod, my unity NEVER cuts out no matter what. It’s definitely more reliable now than before. If you decide you don’t want to, I’ll buy it from you.

1 Like

For sure, I’ll let you know. It’s not high priority right now but since it’s mostly removals I’ll probably end up doing it

2 Likes

@BuildKitBoards you have any knowledge you could share

Make a video :eyes:

1 Like

Lol not a bad idea, although, I’m hardly educated enough on unitiy/xenith to do it without consulting someone first lol

@ShutterShock If you want to sell me yours I’ll make a video for @glyphiks lol

1 Like

Haha I’ll think about it

What’s the going rate for a non-functional Xenith nowadays?
I don’t think I’ll have any luck trying to find a repair. May be willing to sell so I can put cash towards a stormcore

1 Like

I usually pay 25-50 bucks shipped after photo review depending on how damaged it looks. Lmk

2 Likes