Addressing the Achilles Heel - Meet the Improved BKB Xenith V2 šŸšØ

Just curious, why does nobody else follow the vesc 6 type of switch where the board shuts off and draws minimum power?

Because all control is completely disabled while the power stage is still fully energized. Any stray voltages from parasitic capacitance can turn on a MOSFET and cause problems.

Yes a software sleep mode (with RAM retention) is possible, just not with VESC firmware.

1 Like

Still, itā€™s a thing for a while now and i donā€™t see anyone with issues. Hopefully cheaper manufacturing will not change this statistic

ā€¦ and thatā€™s starting fromā€¦ now!

https://shop.davega.eu/?product=bkb-xenith-v2

Stock is very limited so if you want one without going through the customs madness donā€™t hesitate.

EU warranty applies. If anything is amiss you donā€™t need to ship it back to the US. Iā€™ll be handling both warranty- and out-of-warranty- service (not by myself, donā€™t worry :slight_smile:).

Neighbour countries (Germany, Austria, Slovakia, Poland) can benefit from very good DHL shipping rates ā€“ 8 EUR flat.

Note that the price at the website accounts for a PayPal fee and thereā€™s a 4% discount if you pay with a credit card (which is recommended). The price should then be the equivalent of ~220 EUR + 21% VAT.

12 Likes

Awesome price @janpom! Thanks for bringing them to the EU! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Is there any issues using the vesc tool app for android on initial setup or is it best to use the xenith easy ui from a laptop?

Iā€™d use the UI on a laptop. VESC Tool app requires 5.X firmware

1 Like

Is this safe to use a Xenith V2 with the most recent VESC firmware? I just got one and Iā€™m want to use smart reverse which isnā€™t in the unity fw.

Ive been using fw 5.2 on my xeniths since i despise the focbox tool and it works fine just make sure ur duty cycle current limit is set to 85% on both sides of ur xenith. @Plabick

2 Likes

The Xenith seems to be sold out, is there any place thats still selling them, or any idea when theyā€™ll be in stock?

I would just wait. The v2 is new and it seemingly sold out right away, so itā€™ll be back.

both sides?

Vesc tool recognizes the unity/xenith as two seperate vescs. I assume its the same for stormcore as well.

2 Likes

By default on the android app can forwarding is enabled and i just assume settings are synced

1 Like

Youā€™re probably right. I still like to do them individually tho. I have zero luck with CAN and vesc tool.

2 Likes

yea both sides as in master and slave aka canbus since vesc detects each motor seperately rather then together like weird ass focbox tool. Any vesc that doesnt use focbox fw for that matter does this unless u have to manually plug a usb port into the slave portion of the vesc if it doesnt have a built in can which i dont think any of the recent dual motor vescs have that issue.

Me too but I can replicate one issue where I set current cycle duty limit start to 90% on one side (with can forward enabled), swap to the other side via can forward, read settings, and itā€™s at 89%. Iā€™ll write that side to 90%, swap to the other side and back, and it sometimes goes back to 89%. Iā€™m still weary of it.

Single-MCU vesc integration on the VESC tool gives me the heebeegeebies.

3 Likes

Only if your using fw5 or higher. New Xenith ship with firmware older than that so not always the case.

1 Like

We still have some