ACEDECK ARES X1 - 14S4P 4WD TKP

:nauseated_face::nauseated_face::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::person_facepalming:

4 Likes

I could be wrong but im pretty sure thats a 1:1 evolve carbon gtr deck clone~ everything else seems to be relatively unique for a prebuilt.
They probably invested most of their capital in a CNC setup to make the hubs and trucks. And maybe the drives? Nice chunk on cells and pcbā€™s. Cheap out as much as possible on esc. No custom remote case. Nothing new deck wise.
Motors look like rebranded TBā€™s to me. The trucks i cant see; but the baseplates look reeeeeeally familiar topside.
Throw in some sacrificed profits to get shit up and goingā€¦
Obviously this is all speculation, but theyre actively cutting costs like that, seems reasonable enough.

2 Likes

Bms issue means whole new battery required :confused:

5 Likes

Buuuuuut itā€™s faster and cheaper to assembleā€¦

Feeds right into the throwaway culture

4 Likes

Yeah, unfortunate. Possible it wouldnā€™t be too hard to repair tho. Also Hoyt and metro do it too donā€™t they?

2 Likes

Open it up lol

1 Like

Noā€¦ Have you seen a photo of our battery? uses a Daly BMS.

5 Likes

lies. you use a duckbatterysystems bms
:wink:

4 Likes

Contacted them and asked for photos of the manufacturing process and as many photos as they can give to include in the review video.

2 Likes

No I havenā€™t recently lol

Little launchā€¦ this things is so fun off the line lol.

1 Like

Thank you, keep us updated Iā€™m very interested to know more experienced peopleā€™s opinion on this board

1 Like

Working on a full review. Wanting to get some more shots and more miles on it to make a call but so far Im more impressed by this board than any other Chinese board Ive been on.

1 Like

What do you guys think about the 2wd version? Iā€™m never going off-road and I want to have more range, but then if Iā€™m going 2wd I wonder if it isnā€™t a better choice going for a Zeus Pro (discounted now + codes you can get it for 1600$).
The specs are similar, build quality seems better on the Ares though.

Get the Zeus pro

1 Like

I wish I could compare the Zeus and X1 for ya but Iā€™ve never been on a Zeus.

1 Like

Fair

Usually it helps if you actually give a reason

Price/value wise I think Zeus wins though

2 Likes

Zeus pro. The ares only really seems worthwhile if youre going for the 4WD model.

1 Like

the trucks look nicer then the zeus. but its hard to say until someone opens one of these up and people been riding them for a while. who knows the mystery ESC could have issues.

1 Like