ACEDECK ARES X1 - 14S4P 4WD TKP

Trucks are def nicer than the zeus pro. Like, significantly so. But id still say you either get the zeus pro or go all in for the ares 4wd.

1 Like

Id honestly the trucks hubs and bigger battery make it worth the extra 400$ but only time will tell if this board will hold up. all though most of us here would rather just build something : P

2 Likes

Or buy a Lacroix Barrell haha

6 Likes

Alrighty. Here it is opened up.

3M tape runs along the perimeter of the lid. I was told a hair dryer would open it. I applied low heat using a hair dryer and then used a nylon pry bar to open it up.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Wow literally zero space for a vesc swap…

Nice thick phase wires tho

2 Likes

those look like 16awg to me

3 Likes

Hmm maybe correct, they look thicker than some others I’ve seen tho

1 Like

14awg next to the phases.

1 Like

Yeah I saw that too, after you mentioned it

I wonder if they get warm

2 Likes

Looks like a lingy

6 Likes

Looks like maybe you could fit a flipsky in there

I feel like lacroix could hit a bigger market if it was easy to put normal skate wheels on them. Having it as a 2 in 1 would unlock a lot of people who want the option of running thane.

Maybe the axles on the new hypertruck lite are removable and there will be a 10mm option? Would be cool to see a barrel on tb110s but maybe there isnt enough clearance…

1 Like

Yeah that’s not doing 100 battery amps

100 battery amps for the 4wd. 50 for the 2wd

50? They’re getting close but still behind

Oh wait, that’s only 25 per motor, nvm, still far behind

2 Likes

Doesn’t have roll to start. They’ve said it’s their own build. Not hobbywing or LY.

1 Like

This is supposed to be pushing 50A.

Yeah, those caught my eye as well.

Ive got my full review up now with lots of riding footage. Let me know what you think!

8 Likes