ACEDECK ARES X1 - 14S4P 4WD TKP

I suppose you don’t like when Samsung make fun of Apple, or when Apple users tease Android users, or when big brands take shots at each other. Teasing, making fun, having a little dig, serious or not, is part of the world. We gotta stop taking offence to everything.

3 Likes

Im offended at you being offended at me being offended.
We should probably join all our offensive powers and get offended at budwieser and go cancel them…

I will try and learn to have a sense of humour.

Good choice, it will serve you well :grinning:

Truer words have never been said, the dog bastards

They say that you can’t teach an old dog new tricks. Guess you’re fucked.

you can still change lots of parameters, 4 per mode I believe, but extend top speed wouldnt be one of these.

I have it too, and it was never a ESC Programming tool. Just a generic software to remove and replace firmwares.

I was the repair guy in EU and I’m still in touch with them. I’ll ask them about the money, and if what you say is true, make sure that they pay you back. Im surprised to be honest, because they’ve been nothing but nice to me and other people doing the same thing you and I did. Everyone got paid and more. I believe your colleague TY who was the US repair guy, didn’t have any issues either, right?

Either way, not sure what part of a 14s4p p42A battery would make it sag more than others of its configuration? And while the 14kw is bullshit, thats just the standard shitty scale that all companies use. 3kw per motor. in this case 4kw being 6384, x4. they all post the bullshit theoretical output power, because its now a scale more than anything, doesnt mean anything to the consumer. I know it doesnt make it better, but its the entire asian industry we need to be upset at, and just be happy hoyt and others arent doing it.

1 Like

He’s Chinese. If they started ignoring him, it wouldn’t have ended well for them. I decided not to go after them all over the internet (except for here, since it kinda came up). The 20 bucks or whatever they owe me is a matter of principal at this point. I just cant recommend Acedeck’s products to my local community since they have a tendancy to treat their contracted employees like shit. I actually cant recommend most Chinese esk8 companies in good faith for this reason, so I dont. I end up recommending Exway the most even though I dont have a whole lot of confidence in their products since they seem to treat their overseas teams well, and their customers decently well.

It just isnt really acceptable. Nobody should be okay with companies advertising bullshit power numbers. If they advertised it as 6kw (which they arent drawing from that pack, but is around the peak of what it can output), 14kw phase peak, sure. Still incorrect but it just makes much more sense.

2 Likes

lol what

Tendency = Only you? not trying put you on the spot, or saying you are lying, if they owe you money, ill be just as offended as you and make sure they pay you all of it just like they paid myself and all other contractors just right. but again, from my experience and others im in touch with who do stuff for them, they’ve been amazing to us all. hopefully they’ll treat you right if they havent so far.

its not acceptable. but any new company out of china is just going to keep using that scale, or else it will make their board look underpowered. that doesnt make it right, but it definitely makes it less wrong. I believe evolve started using the theoretical output power, and since then, every brand but lacroix and hoyt have done it. its shitty, but i wouldnt be that upset about it, we dont live in a utopia where every company thrives to be as noble as possible. we all buy products with bullshit claims.

All we can do is praise the ones that dont do it.

Yeah maybe a bit much lol. He could’ve made a fuss about it locally which could’ve sucked for them

Considering how few people they have internationally, yeah.

There are one or two more messages before this about a possible demo and getting paid, but this gets the point across.

ill see what i can do. if they didn’t pay you even 3$ they owe you, its not right and you have good reasons to be upset. i messaged them since im still in touch with them. i dont want to be in a situation where this happens to me, or other contractors, so its good for us all if this gets sorted.

The funny thing is most escooter companies in China labels their power output lower than the actual power, in order to avoid regulations. I think most Chinese companies (and this is coming from a Chinese guy who’s really patriotic about their culture) will do whatever it takes to circumvent either government controlled “standards” (in order to make their “400w” vehicle more appealing since it’s actually running 1000w) or lable theoretical peak motor output power (which most esk8 companies do, running a 800w ESC and labels the theoretical 6000w motor to appear more powerful when comparing numbers)

In this case I just think it really is just companies doing what Evolve did.

And I believe even Boosted advertised their motors at 2000w each.

1 Like

Which is exactly my point, they’ll do whatever other people are doing and further, 14kw being the prime example

Even part manufactures rate their stuff super low. I know QS motors rates their 205 motors for like 3kw, but you can burst like 12kw easily.

2 Likes

yea, the 14kw stands out because its so ridiculously high, but it still fits the same scale. because of the 4wd it just makes it stand out a lot more. but thats 3.5kw per motor, instead of 3kw, and seeing as they use 6384 instead of the usual 6374.

at this point i think if a company stopped using that “scale”, it would become more of a selling point that this ridiculous numbers, even to less knowledgeable esk8 consumers.

In general, I wish ESK8 companies could just be honest. I have found this to be particularly bad with Chinese ESK8 companies.

3 Likes

Lol its called “bait and switch” or “false advertising” it 100% matters. Just because a consumer isn’t a SME doesn’t mean you can just lie to them.

2 Likes