ACEDECK ARES X1 - 14S4P 4WD TKP

Why would you need to do that? All the reviews I see on this thing say it’s really really really fast

There are 4 speed settings, the S+ is plenty fast for me and should top out the boards speed (37 mph), or close to it.

I took mine up a mountain bike trail with @zero_ads and @surfnacho in S most of the time for 20 miles. It kept up at reasonable speeds (30?), but not gonna out pace those custom monsters.

I was impressed, and happy I didn’t need a tow home after pushing it hard on some off-road.

2 Likes

Yeah we hit 30 a few times

2 Likes

Hey, welcome to the forum!
With proprietary esc/drivetrain(assuming its gears), the only option to get more speed is to use a larger tire.
You’ll lose a little torque, but not too much if you only go to 7". 8" will probably end up with interference and steal too much torque.
I can suggest SKP 7" from @Skyart.

3 Likes

No need to shake your salt at a new member that wouldn’t understand it.
Be confident in your innovation and product quality.

1 Like

Yeah, the punching down is a really bad look.

2 Likes

Are you familiar with how large of a company they are? And their oem elofty?

They get to be 100x our size AND be the underdog? Not fair

We are literally 6 people spread across 3 companies. But fine, I’ll shut up because there’s no winning.

Don’t make your hobby your career if you really love it guys.

4 Likes

Defo not punching down. I think it’s certainly quite the opposite, for the reasons Jackson mentioned, plus the fact that their advertising is blatantly false and there’s no accountability.

Specifically this. I’m not even going to state the problem, it’s pretty obvious.

Also i’m willing to make this public at this point
I was acedeck’s repair tech in the US for a brief period of time until they ghosted me. They owe me money, and I still have their “custom esc” programming tool. The two employees I had contact thru on wechat have completely ignored/led me on for months now, including the main “engineer” after I repaired Patrick Phillips board.

Acedeck is a bunch of scummy assholes, and Jackson’s right. Their “14kw” 4wd on a battery that can barely output 6kw without sagging through the floor is not okay. The promise of an extremely powerful board to only be met with a sluggish 2wd or an unreadably jerky 4wd is a problem.

5 Likes

The problem is that Jackson is the literal face of a company.

How many other brand representatives do you know that publicly take cheap shots at other brands?

2 Likes

Have you ever watched Backfire’s youtube videos where they claim that everyone else is using awful hub motors?
Or Kieran’s (meepo CEO) reddit posts?

3 Likes

Nah. But two or more wrongs don’t make a right.

It comes across as petty and weak.

4 Likes

I was planning on leaving this be, but here’s where we disagree:

Hoyt is the #1 high-end brand in esk8 IMHO, and they’ve worked hard to earn that deserved position. But with that stature comes certain responsibilities and expectations when it comes to messaging. This extends to their employees.

Acedeck might be crap, but pointing that out makes no sense for Hoyt. It’s like Ferrari thumbing their nose at Toyota.

“Acedeck bad” is not an effective or sound marketing position.

4 Likes

My point was that esk8 is practically lawless at this point, and it’s hurting the honest players. When companies like Hoyt follow rules, posting attainable power figures, they get compared to acedeck for half the cost and say “why 4500w hoyt 2x more expensive than 7000w acedeck”

Instead of lying to customers, they give actual numbers that can be verified in vesc tool within seconds. Was the response back handed? Sure. Was it warranted? Sure.

That was never said. A backhanded reply about bullshit power figures doesnt translate to this.

5 Likes

Reality distortion field activated. :joy:

I’m seriously not seeing it

2 Likes

It’s been like this for months. You’re smarter than this.

1 Like

The only other time I’ve heard Jackson bring up acedeck was when he was pissed that they showed up to a Hoyt demo day and started demoing their boards and trying to steal customers. Your point was “acedeck bad” when I dont think ive seen him bring up acedeck past that.

4 Likes

Well, I’ve seen it multiple times, and my opinion is based on that. YMMV.

1 Like

Flew over my head to be sure.

Everybody gotta just take a second and not overreact. Jackson and Evwan make fair and valid points, not taking digs at other brands. They love the esk8 scene, are passionate about it and are simply stating things they have noticed.

We have all got to learn to be better listeners/readers, everyone is entitled to an opionion, if you don’t agree then cool but no need to accuse people of punching down etc. It’s not that big of a deal, so let’s not make it that.

3 Likes