A123 LiFePO4 Cells - the iron man’s battery

You should make a thread about this. I bet a lot of folks will want to make this.

2 Likes

it’s the exact same as a DPS5005, just higher input/output voltage

3 Likes

Which PSU are you using?

I dont have one currently that goes high enough and both my boosters are dead :yum:

1 Like

You should make a thread about it :slight_smile:

lol I don’t think it needs its own thread, there are several dps charger related ones already, there’s no significant difference and frankly I found an even better option since then

1 Like

fwiw my favorites so far are

buck boost 50v 5a. buck boost means you can power it with just about anything. Make an adapter and hook it up to your tool battery pack or whatever lipo or old meepo pack.

This one feels like a really nice piece of equipment! Can get a $25 70v 400w psu, throw it in the enclosure, awesome. Has numeric input, graphing, a wattmeter ammeter and a funky battery charger mode. Really like it.

I haven’t tried the high power stuff we’re talking about (Juntek). Yet.

4 Likes

Anyone know if the A123 battery hookup deal was a once off?

I saw the deal was still on last week but haven’t looked since then

Looks like they’re sold out now :expressionless:

1 Like

They have the deal available almost constantly, unless out of stock. Give it a couple weeks and you should be good

3 Likes

I got over 2000$ worth! If anyone is interested in trying this pcb with 36 of them welded on for a flexible battery I’ll sell it for 200$.
All cells show over 95% of capacity. 12s3p. 7.5 amp hours

13 Likes

What’s the dimensions on that? Also have we confirmed if these are actually good for 50A discharge per cell?

I suspect that the form factor is not fit for my application but would be interested to know :slight_smile:

1 Like

141x500x38.

Rated to 120 amps m per cell for ten seconds and mooch says they’re good for 30 amps continuous.

2 Likes

Damn good price IMO, if I could manage an Under-Deck battery I’d be interested but alas, I anticipate many fallen tree’s, rails and rocks in that area :smiley:

2 Likes

Looks really nice!

2 Likes

Gosh, that’s your fault if it’s sold out !

2 Likes

The better “B” cells. $20-25 shipping for 1 or 2 packs, then for 3 packs it jumps to like $50. $1.25/cell shipped. These are also EMC branded packs, but I dunno about the overall condition or how easy they’ll be to shuck.

Got some one the way! These are also nice to make 12v and 24v devices out of. aligns better than 3.6v cells.

4s1p has just enough balls to to start a car!

7 Likes

Welp… I don’t need money after all

5 Likes

toooooo slow.

Guess I’ll be fine with 96 instead of almost 200
@Scepterr @hummieee

which one of you motherf…

2 Likes

I have to get rid of them all quickly so if ur interested in a couple give me a couple bucks for being the one who swooped then all up. Better yet buy a done Pcb battery

1 Like