A123 LiFePO4 Cells - the iron man’s battery

141x500x38.

Rated to 120 amps m per cell for ten seconds and mooch says they’re good for 30 amps continuous.

2 Likes

Damn good price IMO, if I could manage an Under-Deck battery I’d be interested but alas, I anticipate many fallen tree’s, rails and rocks in that area :smiley:

2 Likes

Looks really nice!

2 Likes

Gosh, that’s your fault if it’s sold out !

2 Likes

The better “B” cells. $20-25 shipping for 1 or 2 packs, then for 3 packs it jumps to like $50. $1.25/cell shipped. These are also EMC branded packs, but I dunno about the overall condition or how easy they’ll be to shuck.

Got some one the way! These are also nice to make 12v and 24v devices out of. aligns better than 3.6v cells.

4s1p has just enough balls to to start a car!

7 Likes

Welp… I don’t need money after all

5 Likes

toooooo slow.

Guess I’ll be fine with 96 instead of almost 200
@Scepterr @hummieee

which one of you motherf…

2 Likes

I have to get rid of them all quickly so if ur interested in a couple give me a couple bucks for being the one who swooped then all up. Better yet buy a done Pcb battery

1 Like

Haha I think I’ll be ok, thanks for the offer.

Don’t even yet have a use for the ones I have now.

1 Like

Aww. Missed it.

1 Like

Didn’t even have time to turn on my computer lol

2 Likes

omg i paid then posted. must have gotten the last ones. doh! sorry guys.

1 Like

I watched that video more carefully. 4s1p did 160A with 5v sag. whoo! And 25mm2 cable, that’s like 3awg?

Might have to keep 4s2p around for emergency jumps…

5 Likes

U could describe it as sagging but they more so drop to the lower voltage and sit there as apposed to ion.

2 Likes

Getting tired of this TBH, not all of us want fucking 2000 cells.

2 Likes

I wish it were true, but with my 2p boards, they do sag when you mash the throttle. I know what you’re saying though. Charge it to 3.6v per cell, and it settles to like 3.45v. Then in the first minute or so of use, it settles to 3.3v and basically stays there until empty, then voltage falls off a cliff. That’s why I thought 15s is a good idea.

2 Likes

Do you think a 13S li-ion charger will work? :grin: Thinking about doing the same. I have a 16S A123 Pack with a dead cell on the very end begging to be torn out.

1 Like

I use adjustable voltage cc/cv supplies for everything now. seems I built every board with different voltage requirements… And I rarely charge to 100%. But I think a 13s li-ion charger with trim pots can be tweaked for 15s lifepo4.

1 Like

no trim pots sadly… Lol I think only charging them to 3.64v will be ok.

@Fosterqc 3.55V is already ~95%
It is actually better for your cells to not charge further

1 Like